BMR??

Options
I just checked my BMR...and it says I should take in 1660 calories a day. I already have a hard time eating 1200, I am not sure which I should follow. I have lost weight doing the 1200 and I know that works but I want to do what is accurate. Does anyone have any advice for me?

Replies

• felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    eat more...it works.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/804485-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

You'll be glad you did.

If your BMR is 1660 and you're eating 1200 calories and losing? Your burning muscle, not fat. Eat!!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I just checked my BMR...and it says I should take in 1660 calories a day. I already have a hard time eating 1200, I am not sure which I should follow. I have lost weight doing the 1200 and I know that works but I want to do what is accurate. Does anyone have any advice for me?

You gained weight by not being able to choke down 1200 calories? Eat higher calorie foods, full fat dairy, peanut butter, eggs, meats, nuts, oils. You don't have to live on "diet" foods to lose weight.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I am short and not far from goal, my calculated BMR is 1150, and even I need 1300-1400 to function without being in a fog. I have lost all of my weight with my calories set at 1350. I do usually eat back only 30-50% of my exercise calories, which i discovered through trial & error. If I eat back less I feel like crap. I used to make notes in my diary as to how I felt so I could determine my caloric needs.

I honestly feel you will have more success and be less tempted to quit if you set a more realistic goal for yourself. As for not being able to even hit 1200, this I don't buy. None of us got here because we didn't know how to eat, we got here because we made poor choices and ate too much.

You need to relearn how to eat, but that is doable. Aim for higher protien more natural foods 85-95% of the time and allow for a little processed yumminess on occassion. I'm not perfect, but I'm better than I was and that is my goal. Improvement, not perfection. Take a gander at my diary and you'll see what I mean.

Good Luck and good starting point for you calorie wise might be 1750-1800, but keep it healthy. Remember there is nothing wrong with dairy, fat or carbs especially when they are close to their natural state.
  • caseye83
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I reset my calorie intake to 1470 calories I think that is a more realistic for me. And yes I need to relearn how to eat.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    You'll get there girlie. Small changes are good changes.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I reset my calorie intake to 1470 calories I think that is a more realistic for me. And yes I need to relearn how to eat.

That's a great start. But you'll still be under eating if your true BMR is 1660. Add another 100 calories each week and please read that thread I copied above.