sup, im new

Options
sup peoples, im new to this site and i really want to lose weight and i was hoping to get some advice, i know your suppose to follow the calorie counter but what do i do when the food starts to chant your name and suddenly you cant resist?????? well please leave a comment and i hope i will be hearing from you soon

Replies

• litisha
    litisha Posts: 15
    Options
    chocolate and candy in general is always calling my name...so i chew gum!!!
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Options
    You have to turn the other cheek. lol.
  • kevinZAKY
    Options
    that is actually really good advice, instead of chocolate and candy chew gum, thx 4 the tip:smile:
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi Kevin,

Well you shouldn't completely deprive yourself. If you do, that's an almost guarantee for failure. Remember you can do all things but in moderations...just mind your calorie goals and if you go over, don't sweat it, just work out harder and longer. Also, practice calorie budgeting. For example if your calorie budget is 1500 calories and you know you have somewhere to go for lunch to eat out, then eat a smaller dinner and maybe smaller snacks or eliminate a snack so that you can have what you want when you go out but you will stay within calorie range. Another thing I've done is find healthier ways to make the food that I crave. I've become quite obsessed with this as well. Most recently, I've made some really great 112 calorie ice cream sandwiches with peanut butter in them! YUM! A friend of mine revamped the receipe further and got the calories down to 83 and it still tastes just as good. So, we tend to make little treats for ourselves. And lastly, learn to distinguish when food is calling you because you are really hungry or if it is calling you because it smells good, or you know it's good and you just want it at the moment. If it's calling you and you are hungry, then eat. Control your portions and try your best to stay within calorie range. If you can't then increase your exercise to balance things out. Good luck to you.
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    Yeah I chew allot of Gum in fact I am chewing gum right now and going to bed early & hungry... Just think of it this way do you want that bad food more then you want to loose this weight... I doubt it!

When those foods start calling your name do what I do start singing.. She's a Brick House..She's Mighty Mighty... Owwww! LOL
  • GreenieBean
    Options
    Just think...Would you rather eat that bad food or do you want to look fabulous and be healthy? That's what I do. Some food is ok in moderation but you need to think of the long term consequences of your decisions. It's a change in lifestyle and has a lot to do with mind over body! Good luck to you! :)
  • marquesj
    marquesj Posts: 47
    Options
    :drinker: OK well now that I figured out you are a guy you may want to sing a different song..LOL
  • kevinZAKY
    Options
    thank you guys for all the posts, im all ways refreshing the page to see what you wrote, and by the way singing isnt exactly my special point, i kinda sound like a dying animal,anyway i cant really do the moderation thing with the exersize because just yesterday i was in an acident and i badly fractured and im on crutches so ill start with just dieting first

im also just put a piece of gum in my mouth:wink:
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    thank you guys for all the posts, im all ways refreshing the page to see what you wrote, and by the way singing isnt exactly my special point, i kinda sound like a dying animal,anyway i cant really do the moderation thing with the exersize because just yesterday i was in an acident and i badly fractured and im on crutches so ill start with just dieting first

im also just put a piece of gum in my mouth:wink:

I know what you mean...I'm very quickly becoming addicted to this site. I just signed up yesterday and like you I keep hitting the refresh button so that I can see any/all comments. LOL.. Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you recover soon.
  • slwdsue
    slwdsue Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new too and if I knew the answer to your question, I wouldn't be here. But I did hear someone once say, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels" So I am going to try to think of that whenever I have an overwhelming urge to eat something bad for me.
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I have found the more white foods that I give up, the less I crave that stuff ( flour, sugar etc) some people don't have the same issues. Get it out of your system, try to give it a few days and eat balanced, eating protein with your meals so that you won't have insulin spikes. Drink plenty of water!!! Lots of people confuse hunger and thirst. And most of all, Allow yourself some of your cheeats. Do some extra exercise to work it into your calories. By not dropping your carb intake too much or your fat intake too much, your body will adjust faster! Good luck!:flowerforyou: