Late night workouts?

Options
Hi all, just a quick question.
When working out at night should we be bulking calories more during the day?
Last night I burned over 800 cal in the evening and it put my net cals to around the 700 mark, now there was no way I was going to eat them back at that time of night as I wasn't hungry at all.
Suggestions? That net amount worried me a little as I have a fair amount of weight to lose and certainly don't want to be eating 1000cal every day to make it happen, I would much rather be eating cleaner higher calories to make it happen.
Any advice welcome :)

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You'll have to eat MORE during the day but you must ensure that you workout in the evening to balance it out.
  • MiTime2016
    MiTime2016 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I go by a weekly deficit rather than the day.
    So if I burned 800 calories that I couldn't replace with food that evening I'd just do it over the next few days.
  • DanTillson
    DanTillson Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I always eat more in the day so I effectively owe the cals, means I am less likely to skip a gym sesh or find excuses.

If I have already eaten the food, then I don't have a choice, the gym burn is inevitable lol :)
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I find it really hard to work out late. I feel guilt all evening because I should be exercising and quite often just go to bed as I am so tired.

Best to do it early in morning and get it out of the way.
  • myriddian
    myriddian Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thanks all,
    Last night was a bit special as I normally burn between 500-600 in a one hour class, so I knew I was going to burn at least that. In future I'll bulk my meals out a little to make it up.
    I rarely skip so that shouldn't be an issue. I'll try and add an extra 100cal or so over the next couple of days. Rest day for exercise today so should be all good.
    :)