Protein Bar - Low Carb - Low Cal

Options
Hi, I need some advice on a tasty Protein Bar - Low Carb - Low Cal preferably .....any suggestions?? :)

Replies

• doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Premier nutrition has a good one with lots of protein...they were sold at costco, but not anymore (at least not here in AZ). They still have the shakes though. Check out Amazon?

When all else fails, make your own. Find a recipe - taste is much better and you know what is in them!
  • ajlon
    ajlon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I'm kinda craving the junk food ...so I thought maybe a protein bar might help
  • Firestar98
    Firestar98 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have had no luck finding a protein bar that isn't loaded with carbs.

Good luck, hopefully you find one, and if you do definitely reply back!
  • Rhonnie
    Rhonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I don't know how they stack up against some of the serious protien bars, but I find the nature Valley Protein chewy bars really good (the Peanut,Almond & Dark Chocolate one is my fav). They almost feel like you are eating a candy bar but fill you up.
  • enhance00
    Options
    I find that they all either have really high sugar, or really high sugar alcohol which tears up my stomach. I don't do it often enough, but I do really enjoy simply making my own out of protein powder and various ingredients. They are rarely low-carb (I will typically use oats), but they aren't full of sugar and other crap.
  • FinallyFindingLisa
    FinallyFindingLisa Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Try the Atkins line. Some are better than others but mostly all are low sugar & lower carb.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    String Cheese. :wink:
  • melissab6968
    melissab6968 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Special K 90 cal raspberry cheesecake bars are very good!
  • Raya1980
    Options
    Quest Bars, high in fiber and protein, low sugar
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Quest bars. Low carb, high protein and fiber. You can check out their site for info.

Raya types faster than I do. lol
  • ajlon
    ajlon Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've ordered some choc brownie QUEST Bars:)
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've ordered some choc brownie QUEST Bars:)

Think tootsie roll. I really like the berry ones too.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love my EAS chocolate protein bars... BTW, why are you doing calories? You have very little weight to lose, so your goal to lose weight should be 1/2 - 1 lb per week. Also, if you are exercising you can eat a lot more.
  • wjkfloyd
    wjkfloyd Posts: 125
    Options
    I will agree with another poster on this thread...Atkins protein meal bars...Good calorie to protein ratio...also, low sugar and good source of fiber.

Their snack bars and shakes have good calorie to protein ratios.
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Nakd bars are totally natural with no added sugar and contain nuts so good on protein. The cocoa flavoured ones are a really good chocolate fix