VSG surgery 12/18/12

Options
Hey! I had vertical sleeve gastrectomy on 12/18/12. I started my journey at 333 pounds, and today I weigh 284, so I have lost 50 pounds! I am looking for myfitnesspal community and others who are tracking their food and healthy eating so I can get ideas and be encouraged and motivated along my journey. :)

Thanks!
Jayme

Replies

• sarahjayne823
    sarahjayne823 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • smkilgore21
    smkilgore21 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss. I had this surgery on 11/28/12 and trying to use mfp to stay honest and find encouragement.
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss! I have a couple of friends that have done the VSG and each have done extremely well. I think MFP will help you with your journey, its a great site to keep a daily track of your exercise and food diary. Lots of great support here as well. Keep up the good work!
  • larsen626
    larsen626 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    SO Awesome I added you as a friend I get my surgery on the 30th I would like to have more MFP friends that have had it or are gonna have it if you like add me!
  • kvossandrews
    kvossandrews Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that had that 12 months ago.

Al she does now is snack on junk. She lost 35kilos and yes that is well and good but seems didnt learn a thing about food and the what she should be eating.

Well done for learning and wanting to improve your diet.

I believe this has given my friend a free card to eat crap and lose weight. In the end Im sure her health will suffer. To be skinny and unhealthy or be fit and active and enjoy life....
  • Thank you so much! :)
  • awesome, let's help each other. :)
  • mandy7075
    Options
    Great job. keep up the good work.