Starting P90X

Kristinerox
Kristinerox Posts: 1
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello Fitness Pals!

My neighbor and I are starting P90X on Monday, May 3. I have never done a fitness program like this and I was wondering (for those of you who have done this sort of thing before) if you all had any tips for beginners like me. We are very excited to begin! Suggestions for yummy healthy food and exercise strategies would be appriciated. Thank you! :D

-Kristinerox

Replies

• errodr
    errodr Posts: 1
    I have done P90X twice. My advice is simple, take it easy and don't give up or become discouraged. Also to see maximum benefits stick to a healthy diet like the one(s) outlined in the manual.

Good luck!
  • oaker
    oaker Posts: 132 Member
    I agree with errodr DONT GIVE UP. It might seem intimidating at first, but do the best you can. Believe me you will get stronger and see huge improvements if you do the best you can during each workout. Do you have goals in mind? I went thru 2 rounds last year and am currently on week 9 of a round this yr. Don't let the routines get you down in any way. They are very tough in the beginning and your body will need time to adjust. Your diet is extremely important. The first 4 weeks are called fat shredder I think and you might have a hard time eating enough protein. Get some protein whey. I could not meet the protein requirements with food alone. I tried to stick with lean meats, chicken, turkey, fish etc. Take pictures of yourselves cause you won't believe the changes unless you can look back. Good luck and keep us informed. Always great to see new people get started with so much enthusiasm
  • DivineBeauti
    DivineBeauti Posts: 3 Member
    I will be starting P90X on Monday as well so we can talk and vent about our body pain together. If you want we can be buddies, though you will have your neighbors. I wish you luck and hope to talk to you through out this journey and finish in 90 days together. I think I will have the hardest time with the food but will do my best.
This discussion has been closed.