panini help please!

Options
going to a cafe for lunch :)

no nutritional values given so, what are my best options?

paninis: chicken mayo, ham + cheese, coronation chicken, bacon (1 slice) + chicken mayo

toasties: bacon (2 slice), bacon + cheese, chicken mayo, coro chicken, ham + cheese

can also get in baguettes but i'd prefer something hot and I find, often, paninis and toasties are low calorie per serving.

Afraid there's nothing without mayo or cheese (though I could probably ask for the chicken without mayonnaise)

suggestions for choices? :)

Replies

• MrsSki38
    MrsSki38 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'd stay away from anything with ham. Sodium tends to be really high. I'd stick to anything chicken and see if they'll do easy mayo. If you have cheese choices, I'd stick with provolone or colby-jack. Cheddar has high sodium (I'm a sodium tracker as I retain a lot of water). And take the option with the least amount of bread (however, I'm a sucker for hot, crunchy bread and tend to blow my carbs due to bread).
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I'd go for something with cheese, at least you are getting one of your three daily servings in. Aren't there any options with salad items like tomatoes? No vegetarian options?
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    My choice would actually be ham & cheese, with a bit of mustard instead of mayo for the substitution.

Bacon = too many cals; all those chicken options are soaked in mayo.

Go for solid slices of meat vs bits floating in mayo. Take off one half of the panini if you can (ie if they don't actually do the press, but rather run it under a toaster or nuke it).

Ham & cheese toasty, on brown bread. Not the panini.

with a brothy soup