Pizza Hut Lunch Buffet

Options
How would you log the slices of pizza @ the lunch buffet?

They were round, and didn't seem like full slices but am I wrong about that?

I had one slice of plain cheese and one ham/pineapple.

( BTW that's a NSV too- that's ALL I had besides salad w/ veggies and very little dressing)

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    When I worked there, buffet pizzas were cut into more slices than served pizzas. Look up the cheese pizza and use at least 3/4 of a serving, it may even be 7/8.
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'm just coming on here to say that Pizza Hut lunch buffet is probably my favorite food-related thing in the world. If I was able to pick one thing that wouldn't make me fat, it'd be Pizza Hut lunch buffet. That is all.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    i usually ask what size the pizzas set out are (I've gone on separate occasions and had them be either mediums or larges-I think it depends on how much dough they have of particular sizes) then I count how many slices they are cutting it into and divide it out based on how many they usually cut them by. Or, if it is available, I pick the "entire pizza option" and scale it down, so if I ate a quarter of the available pizza...or half...or 3/4. Both Mediums and larges are both typically 8 slices, but you still have to pick the correct pizza size (medium or large) because that is a factor.

http://www.pizzahut.com/nutritionpizza.html
  • ccole4
    ccole4 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i used t work at pizza hut, the lunch buffets are typically medium pizzas. i believe they were cut into 8/10 slices maybe u could look for a medium pizza and put how much of it you had like 1/10 or so on.great job staying away from breadsticks and pasta lol!
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I had one slice of plain cheese and one ham/pineapple.

We used to do the challenge.

Most i managed was 17 slices of deep pan meat/deep pan veg.

I don't want to know how many calories that amounts to.
  • angiemarie_xo
    angiemarie_xo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and I went to the Pizza Hut lunch buffet today ... don't wanna know how many calories we consumed. BUT, we did go to the gym!
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Awe no fair!
    I miss Pizza Hut Buffet they got rid of the one in my city years and years ago..
    :( So sad.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Oh geez, now I'm craving Pizza Hut! Thanks guys :tongue:
  • bgibbsx
    bgibbsx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wanted to bump this for some advice. Can you request a Pizza for the buffet? I'd like to have a thin crust chicken supreme, considering I'm guessing that would be the healthiest.

Game plan - Big Salad, then a slice or two.

I can't avoid this trip as my whole team is going there in celebration of a big deadline yesterday. Now if I can just stay away from the Pan Pepperoni.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Just want to say if you think Pizza Hut is good pizza...you're doing it wrong. Carry on! :drinker:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Wanted to bump this for some advice. Can you request a Pizza for the buffet? I'd like to have a thin crust chicken supreme, considering I'm guessing that would be the healthiest.

Game plan - Big Salad, then a slice or two.

I can't avoid this trip as my whole team is going there in celebration of a big deadline yesterday. Now if I can just stay away from the Pan Pepperoni.

Yes, but some places also put out a couple of thin crusts. Supreme is the problem - none of those meats are at all healthy. Get a veggie pizza and take some of the eggs from the salad bar - ask if they have a couple of whole ones left in the back that haven't been chopped yet.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Awe no fair!
    I miss Pizza Hut Buffet they got rid of the one in my city years and years ago..
    :( So sad.

^^True story^^
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ugh...pizza hut buffet...now i'm all drool-y....
  • witchyme
    witchyme Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mmmmmm i soooo go for that right now,,lol
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    Quick somebody get me napkin to wipe up my drool! I LOVE PIZZA!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • NinjaTheGinger
    NinjaTheGinger Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    "Ooo, stuffed cruuuuust."

That is all.
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Is it cost effective to go to a buffet if your only going to eat a little? Just wondering
  • sclarktiw
    sclarktiw Posts: 217
    Options
    Worked there for 10 years...worse place to work when watching one's waistline! The place is so fattening that I just avoid it all together now...
  • DanaKinzer
    Options
    It's been a few years but when I worked at PH, we didn't actually boil any eggs, or chop them. They came in a white bag already boiled and chopped. Oh yummy!

I refuse to touch the eggs on any salad bar.

Yes, but some places also put out a couple of thin crusts. Supreme is the problem - none of those meats are at all healthy. Get a veggie pizza and take some of the eggs from the salad bar - ask if they have a couple of whole ones left in the back that haven't been chopped yet.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Cici pizza buffet is better. $5.00. Macaroni & cheese pizza, cheeseburger pizza, and sugary goodness of that cinammon apple pizza.

I'm not concerned about healthy eating at a pizza buffet, maybe that's just me.