Where does the water come from?

Options
NiSan12
NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
I have a question I have been plagued with going to the bathroom TOO MANY times in a day. I am not drinking a lot of water, (actually drinking less than I should). I am up several times going to the bathroom through the day and night. I would like to know WHERE IS THE WATER COMING FROM???

Replies

• Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Without knowing what you are eating or how long this has been going on for or what you have changed of late nobody can answer your question. Perhaps you are dehydrating, see a doctor if no changes have been made in your diet or lifestyle.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are drinking water in your sleep
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I would suggest seeing a doctor instead of asking for a diagnosis on an internet forum.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you start to eat healthier you body naturally detoxes. The other source is maybe you are eating more fruit and veg. Once you cut out the energy dense carbs and fats, you are naturally eating more fibrous stuff that contains a lot of water in the cells.
  • 4g64fiero
    4g64fiero Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when you start to eat healthier you body naturally detoxes. The other source is maybe you are eating more fruit and veg. Once you cut out the energy dense carbs and fats, you are naturally eating more fibrous stuff that contains a lot of water in the cells.
    How so?

OP, when you decrease the sodium to potassium ratio, your body stops holding on to so much water.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is breaking down fat reserves into water and glucose. /shrug. Roll with it.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Maybe your body is breaking down fat reserves into water and glucose. /shrug. Roll with it.

Fat reserves breaking down in to water and glucose? Huh? Tell me you were being sarcastic/ joking.
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options

Fat reserves breaking down in to water and glucose? Huh? Tell me you were being sarcastic/ joking.

He is actually right.. I am a doctor
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their input.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    OP, when you decrease the sodium to potassium ratio, your body stops holding on to so much water.
    [/quote]

Can someone help me with this ^^^^^^ I retain a lot of water all of the time. Even when I am eating extremely clean. I drink over 100oz of water a day on average. I read potassium and think bananas, something I've cut out of my diet because of the sugar content, and now you have me thinking :) I'm new to this and would value the input. Thanks
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    Have your blood sugar tested.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Diabetrus perhapz?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    sometimes it even falls from the sky
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Can someone help me with this ^^^^^^ I retain a lot of water all of the time. Even when I am eating extremely clean. I drink over 100oz of water a day on average. I read potassium and think bananas, something I've cut out of my diet because of the sugar content, and now you have me thinking :) I'm new to this and would value the input. Thanks

Try a salt substitute like "No Salt" - easy peazy way to add potassium to your diet.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Do you have a medical reason to limit your sugar? If not, enjoy some bananas (as long as they fit in your calories)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just a heads up, pee is not "water" and it doesn't come only from drinking water. It is liquid waste from the body.
  • PatrickSwayzesGhost
    PatrickSwayzesGhost Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    If you see white stuff in your urine, it's the fat leaving your body. maybe you're loosing lots of fat.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options

Don't drink too much, it flushes out electrolytes needed for healthy water balance. All fruit and veggies are good sources of potassium, but also look at your intake of other minerals such as magnesium. How do you know you are retaining water, what has your doctor advised as the solution, do you get your 10,000 steps each day?
  • sofielein
    sofielein Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    sometimes it even falls from the sky

glaciers is the correct answer!