Feeling down. Help..!!

Options
I'm feeling really down today. Is there anything I can eat or dink to make my self feel better? Feeling really sad, not sure if its the weather or what. Can't work out till later.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Replies

• busybee507
    Options
    Get up and walk around. Do jumping jacks. Drink some water or decaf tea. :flowerforyou:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    More vitamin C is what the doctor suggested for me.

Maybe try upping your calories for a while too?
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking green tea when I feel this way. Trying to separate my emotions from food! It's hard but it's working! Don't give up
  • Evachiquita
    Evachiquita Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Watch this! Then tell it to yourself! Listen to music that you love, try to move around a bit, try to meditate and calm and clear the mind for a few minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR3rK0kZFkg
  • qotsagirl314
    qotsagirl314 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try taking some fish oil capsules
  • bahrtamara
    Options
    Exercise works wonders but I know it's hard to get up and do it when you are low but really even some sit ups and push ups can help - a nice cup of camomile tea is always nice too
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling all too well :( I hope you find something that works and if you do.... let me know what it was!
  • shellyc7182
    shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
    Options

This.
  • ccerilli
    Options
    It isn't good to use food to make you feel better... You can journal, listen to music, call a friend..... You will feel better and much better after some excercising. Good luck and I hope your day gets better!
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Drink a big glass of water or a cup of tea, and watch Nellie the Sea Otter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wavh47RpLz4

Cheers me right up every time I've having a down day :):laugh:
  • joywo
    joywo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Blare some music and dance, dance, dance, sing, sing, sing.

Vitamin D and Olive leaf complex are good. Don't know why, but it is making me feel alert and motivated.

Eat an orange. DON'T eat crap because then you'll just feel crappy and guilty.
  • TozzatheHatcher
    TozzatheHatcher Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Give a good mate a call. Have a right good good "moan-up!" (as some of us say over here in the UK) as it will release all that tension.

This may not be you, but I find if I bottle stuff up and I am tense then I express it in food!

For me, I would do the phone call to let it go, especially if you can get those endorphins running with darn good laugh! It releases the same happy chemicals in the brain as chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate, if the cravings persist I agree on the stroll around the block or there are lo calories hot chocolate sachets that do the trick nicely. Plus, a nice bath, a good book or movie and sleep!

And I think every single bod on here has had moments exactly like you're feeling. Take heart. We're with you. And it'll pass.
    Toria
  • aakokopelli7
    aakokopelli7 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Here I will sing you a song...

"Don't worry about a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
    Singin': "Don't worry about a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"

Rise up this mornin',
    Smiled with the risin' sun,
    Three little birds
    Pitch by my doorstep
    Singin' sweet songs
    Of melodies pure and true,
    Sayin', "This is my message to you-ou-ou:"

Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right."
    Singin': "Don't worry 'bout a thing,
    'Cause every little thing gonna be all right!"
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of posts like this lately, and I've really been feeling like crap lately too! I think it might be the weather. Today, I opened all the blinds to let the light in, lit my lilac candle, and I have some new coconut ginger handsoap that smells awesome!!! Really brings back those spring/summer smells. I also started taking some prenatal vitamins, even though I haven't been prego in over a year. I just like all the good stuff they do for me. Also bought some fish oil pills the other day. Starting to feel better today. Also hit the treadmill last night after zumba, and I think I'm still feeling pretty good from that. Haven't hit the treadmill in a while n I really needed it. A lot of people stay in doors with the cold weather, which means you don't soak up that good vitamin D from the sunlight. Maybe you could try n get outside, even if just for a little bit, or make sure you take a vitamin with D in it. Hope you feel better! :smile:
  • allylbrown
    Options
    Make sure you are eating at least 1200 calories and take B12, vitamin D and Calcium supplements...after that no worries we all have those days:) WINTER SUCKS
  • kookanddra
    Options
    I know this sounds really bad but...I love a good cry when I'm down and really don't know why. Sometimes I feel that my mind, body and soul need to get back in sync with each other and for some reason a good cry helps. For those who don't cry...maybe a treat of a piece of chocolate.
  • terriejones
    terriejones Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I feel this way often. It will pass and tomorrow is a new days, so let's make it a better one. For today, is there someone you can help. Do you have someone who would appreciate a visit? Is there a senior residence near you? They always love to have a visit. Just try to find something to do for someone else and tomorrow will be a better day. Good luck
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options

This.

Interesting.....could you tell me/us why? I have never heard of it, but certainly interested. Thanks!
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options

This.

Interesting.....could you tell me/us why? I have never heard of it, but certainly interested. Thanks!

http://ezinearticles.com/?7-Fish-Oil-Benefits-Proven-by-Research&id=415032

I knew some of the things fish oil does, but I had no idea it was this much! So glad I looked i tup!
  • ashleybaby12706
    ashleybaby12706 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much guys. I feel much better and even better after my workout tonight. I will try the fish oil next time. My mom had me take D3. Idk if it worked but I do feel better now :)