Does anyon log Geocaching as excercise?

Options
Me and 3 friends Geocached for 3 hours today! Along with plenty of cuts and scrapes. I know I got a good workout in.There is alot of caches in our town and we are thinking of biking from cache to cache instead of driving to add to the workout. I think i've found my new addiction!!! LOL

Replies

• rightshoe
    Options
    I've been geocaching for about 4 years now...and although I've never logged it for exercise there are certainly times where it's a great workout!! We have also biked a lot from cache to cache too! I guess if I were to log it I would log it as a hike...
  • gadgetgizzmo
    Options
    We get in geocaching crazes every now and then, but i never thought of adding it as an exercise either. It will be even easier now that I finally bought a heart rate monitor that tells me how many calories I burned. I love the biking from cache to cache idea too.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    today hunts were awesome!!! one of the caches was on this intricate pully system. It was so cool to see how much time and effort was put into it!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies,
    I've been curious to try geocaching for a while, I looked into it a bit.
    I also like to bike ride, so I think I just found something new to try.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Options
    Thank you ladies,
    I've been curious to try geocaching for a while, I looked into it a bit.
    I also like to bike ride, so I think I just found something new to try.

OHHHHH, you will LOVE it!!! It is an absolute blast!!! it's funny when you are hunting for a cache in a public place and the "muggles" are trying to figure out what in the heck you are doing!!! LOL
  • beccasetsfire
    Options
    Your post yesterday got me interested in geocaching and me and my roommate are probably gonna start in our area. I think if you feel you're getting a workout log it! We'll probably gonna be biking to most of the ones that are withing a few miles so that's getting logged!
  • jetSpeed28
    Options
    i go out once in a while but no, so far i haven't bother logging in even though i know i received a great work out, but thinking about it after i gift my self a HRM
  • slugger711
    slugger711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is so cool to hear about all the newbies going out and geocaching. I have been doing it for a few years now and absolutely love it. It's the ten year anniversary of Geocaching this weekend too!!! :)
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Hi there MFPers ... I just did a search on MFP for Geocaching and came across this thread. A friend of mine just started geocaching and is so excited about it ... she told me about it because she knows I love hiking and thought this might add a new dimension to it. It all looks so interesting, I've checked out the web site and am now looking into getting a handheld gps, and I've registered for the basic membership too. I was walking a trail the other day and saw a couple of women with their gps's and pointing out into a field so I asked them if they were geocaching and they were. One of them has been at it for a couple of years and has logged over 900 caches ... holy cow eh? I can't wait to get started.
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Well, I've been Geocaching now since May and I must say ... it's definitely my new addiction. I use a handheld Garmin with a Geocaching program that allows me to download 5 caches per day from their site. It's been awesome, I'm constantly amazed at the things I've discovered right here in my own neighbourhood ... trails, beaches, lighthouses, cemeteries, streams, waterfalls, you name it ...I had no idea these things were here, and I've lived here my whole life!!! My BFF and I went on a weekend road trip so I found out what caches would be in the area we were going to and we cached there too ... seriously, I love doing this and I get great pictures and memories along the way. If you haven't tried it yet I highly recommend it for fresh air and exercise :flowerforyou: