Gym - Strength training

Options
My Gym exercise routine consists of 60-70 mins of cardio. Split over 3 pieces of equipment from Cross trainer, rower, stepper, treadmill and octane style cross trainer.
I need to add or replace with some strength/weights
Can anyone offer suggestions. I have booked a gym review but would appreciate any views.

Replies

• rush0321
    rush0321 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey bud,
    Glad to see you putting in the effort in the gym, It can be overwhelming at times when you stay that long because guys and girls tend to over exhaust or under exercise because they’re not focused given the time length they put in the gym,
    I usually do 60 to 70 minutes, but actual lifting weights are 45 o 50 minutes. Focus on one main Muscle group and a secondary muscle group for the day, For example, primary muscle group=biceps or triceps/secondary=calves or abs/legs. Lol ect…
    And the last 10 or 20 minutes just do the cardio to burn the fat. I've seen guys work out for 2 hours and don't show any results because they are over exhausting their muscles. Don't work out the primary muscles on back to back days, let them rest and get ton of sleep brothah! If you have any questions just let me know or you can add me:) Good luck!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hahaha FullOfWin, if you had a nickel for every time this was posted...
    In all seriousness though, the mods should make this a sticky, or require new posters to read it before creating a new thread
  • pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Hahaha FullOfWin, if you had a nickel for every time this was posted...
    In all seriousness though, the mods should make this a sticky, or require new posters to read it before creating a new thread
    Seriously, why isn't that stickied??
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    There are lots of good threads. Can't sticky them all I guess.
  • lizachatwin
    Options
    I wonder if there are other people here who use the gym 6x a week doing 1.5 to 2 hours each day? Or am I the only addict? Lol
  • waffleflavoredtea
    waffleflavoredtea Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do 1.5 to 2 hours of cardio and strength training (total) 7x a week. Total addict here. ;) I want to build muscle and get lean, but I do it every day not because of that, but because it helps keep me sane! lol I need to exhaust my body so my brain's too tired to think! xD
  • pboroaddick
    pboroaddick Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Had a review of my Gym program today. Added In some weights, strength and core work.
    Only one session but my body feels like I have had a good workout today.
    Recommend anyone not sure about exercise routine to get advice. I can now see the benefit and wished I had done so earlier.