Logging it ALL

Options
Hi!
I was hoping for some opinions. My plan begins with logging everything, mercilessly (food) and consistently. My problems with sticking to a plan in the past have involved trying to tackle too many goals at once and then petering out and losing consistency on all of it.
So I think I should log every bit of exercise I do to get an accurate eval of myself for a month. I have been really good, so far, at getting every calorie I put in logged. But should I log every bit of movement? Like today, I spent over half an hour sawing through copper pipes (cold snap, many explosions). I found a cool site that lets me look up almost any activity you can think of and it calculates, for my weight, the calories spent. Do you think this is overkill?

Replies

• GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    i would say this is overkill. just log actual exercise time.
  • iambabygoose
    iambabygoose Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I only log exercise, and walking also. Cleaning etc doesn't count for me. It's better to track Under than to track over just In case you go over your calorie goal without realising and then finding out in the long run you haven't been losing any weight haha!
  • Salvianut
    Salvianut Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! So I will take the advice and just log exercise, leaving housework, yardwork, etc out. That stuff will just be unlogged bonuses.