Euphoria after exercise?

Options
Does anyone have extreme endorphin euphoria after exercise? For about 20 minutes after I feel so good, almost high, lol. I just started feeling this again. When I was younger, I rode my bicycle 7 miles a day for years. I always felt this way after a ride. I never thought I'd ever have that high again. I was just wondering if it was me or do others really look forward to their exercise just for the high?

Replies

• sarahbethbeauty
    Options
    Never had it. Always thought others were crazy when they talked about their work-out high. I know it's scientific, endorphins and all that, but it's just something I've never experienced, The only reason I work out is to loose weight. I wish i got a high from it! Lucky you!
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    i get it... not every time but i do get it.

i love the feeling of every muscle hurting and dripping with sweat :)
  • davislm1
    davislm1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I definitely feel euphoric after I've lifted weights. Normally I lift in the afternoon, so when I get home from teaching and lifting, I'm sore and achey but I'm so energized I still get stuff done. Before I started lifting weights, I scoffed at people who told me they felt a high afterwards, but I'm a true believer now.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    How I feel after running is almost as - um that. :)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Never had it. Always thought others were crazy when they talked about their work-out high. I know it's scientific, endorphins and all that, but it's just something I've never experienced, The only reason I work out is to loose weight. I wish i got a high from it! Lucky you!

Same here. I feel good for about 30 minutes after I'm done but nothing to write home about!
  • sidegrinder
    sidegrinder Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    First post here!

I get the "high" alot from both running and lifting weights. It's AWESOME--me likey endorphins :D
  • swashburn3
    swashburn3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I sure do! It's awesome!!
  • jessgumkowski88
    jessgumkowski88 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I get it when I really push through a workout, and especially if I do Insanity xD
    It's great, I'm soo mellow :) but sometimes I get the munchies.. :/
  • DrBroPHD
    DrBroPHD Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I feel this way after the climax
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Definately. I had a really sh*tty day at work today, but still got that high after my evening work out.
  • Vercell
    Vercell Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I really do thats funny you posted this topic. If I skip a day thats not my rest day I feel so low that day. I love working out , I love the burn the soreness. I dont even care about the weight loss anymore just challenging myself more and more to see how far I can go.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    One of my big motivations to exercise! :happy:
  • findingmyfit
    Options
    I usually get that if I'm lifting weights or dripping with sweat. Afterwards I'm all... RAWR!!!:devil:
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Yep - it's one of the reasons I do it! :tongue:
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've never had an endorphin rush from exercise until I started going to spin class a couple of years ago. It feels fantastic, and sure keeps me going back. It's weirdly powerful, sometimes I feel like I'm going to cry.
  • fierce68
    Options
    Just had it....it's great.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Definitely. From a cosy feeling of well being through to a full on high. It's great.