Hi! I'm new and need friends!

Options
Hi my name is Megan. I have never tried anything like this before but I am feeling very optomistic as I have heard great things about MFP! I have been eating healthier and working out on my own, I've lost four pounds since january first but I'm already starting to fall back into bad habits. I'm hoping MFP will give me the extra push I need to follow through! I am looking for a group of supportive friends who can help me and encourage me with my weight loss goal of 80 pounds! :)

Replies

• rmgatch
    rmgatch Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find good advice and people here.
  • MaxsMomTN
    MaxsMomTN Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome Megan! I'm sure MFP will help you reach your goals. It's amazing how entering everything you put in your mouth into your food diary will keep you honest. When you actually see what you are eating, it helps you to make truly healthy choices. It's also helped me to see how important exercise is in achieving a healthier lifestyle. The support here is wonderful, it's great to find encouragement from people going through the same process. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • gemzpony1
    Options
    hi megan ive jus joined too good luck:smile:
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Good luck, feel free to add.
  • suzettetanen
    suzettetanen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    good luck! your best bet is to use this site every day - try to work out, do something every day so you can get a few more calories as a payoff!
  • mclifford973
    mclifford973 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I keep seeing where it says "exercise to add more calories".....that just stuns me. I thought dieting was about eating less and working out more. Here, I actually could eat big as long as I did enough to burn. Walk for 2 hours or something. Just to balance it. It just boggles my mind. You might find me in the kitchen doing jumping jacks. lol.

Melissa
  • Glynneybug
    Glynneybug Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Welcome lady!!! Feel free to add me! I think you will enjoy it here.

~Glynis
  • _sillystring
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, ma'am! Feel free to add me, if you would like. I hope you like it around here. :)