I really need advice about my eating disorder

Options
I'm 15 years old now, but for as long as I can remember I've had a body image problem and problems with eating. But ever since I was 13 years old I've been making myself throw up and starving myself and in the past year lost almost 40 pounds. I feel like my parents have been suspicious all along, but today after purging my mom came into my room and asked me if I threw up and started crying asking me if I've been purposely making myself throw up and how I really lost all of the weight, and part of me wanted to tell her because I feel so guilty but I couldn't and I'm so lost now because I feel like I should tell her but at the same time I'm terrified about what will happen and all I can think about is everything that can go wrong, like losing friends and just everything in my life changing. If any of you have been through this before, please help me I really sincerely don't know what to do. And also in recovery for an eating disorder do they make you gain all of your weight back?

Replies

• LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Im no doc... But I know they will make you go to the weight you are suppose to be at your age, height, frame.
    Eating disorders are complicated. Recognizing that you have one is huge. Now, if you are willing to get a more healthy relationship with food, it will be a long and hard battle. But you can do it.
    Food doesnt mean getting fat. Eat well and you will stay beautiful... With the pounds you are suppose to have.

Dont stay alone in your battle... Seek professional help, open up to your family if you can.... From here, I can only wish you luck in your journey....
    ho! And friends that doesnt support you in your difficult times, are not friend worth having.
  • Scandinavia
    Scandinavia Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I just got out of treatment for an ED, and was inpatient 2 weeks and partial hospital for 2 months. They make you get to a healthy weight, but it does NOT mean they make you gain all your weight back. I know that when I went into the hospital, I was only three pounds heavier than when I left.

Treatment really is the only option, and it makes you feel soooo much better afterwards. You can't half-embrace it, though. You need to jump into it with open arms.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Im no doc... But I know they will make you go to the weight you are suppose to be at your age, height, frame.
    Eating disorders are complicated. Recognizing that you have one is huge. Now, if you are willing to get a more healthy relationship with food, it will be a long and hard battle. But you can do it.
    Food doesnt mean getting fat. Eat well and you will stay beautiful... With the pounds you are suppose to have.

Dont stay alone in your battle... Seek professional help, open up to your family if you can.... From here, I can only wish you luck in your journey....
    ho! And friends that doesnt support you in your difficult times, are not friend worth having.

I agree with the above.
    Tell your mother the truth, she most likely knows what you are doing anyway, but knows she cannot help if you are not willing to accept help. It is obviously distressing for her as a parent to see you doing this to yourself, when she gave you life.
    You do not want to end up like me, and find you are 37 years old, with decades of food and weight obsession behind you. It is such a waste of life. That, and the purging can potentially leave you with a digestive system so damaged that you will always have issues with eating and going to the bathroom, which isn't pleasant. It can also potentially kill you and you wont get another chance then. So you need to decide which is more important right now, the number on the scale or staying alive.

You also need to find out what it is that led you down this road to begin with as there is almost always something emotional going on, or something in your life that triggered this need to control in such a way.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    This site is for adults and you're supposed to be over the age of 18 to use it. There are reasons for this.

That being said, please seek professional help. Talk to your parents, a friend, whoever can help you get some help.

Please get help:
    https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    This site is for adults and you're supposed to be over the age of 18 to use it. There are reasons for this.

That being said, please seek professional help. Talk to your parents, a friend, whoever can help you get some help.

Please get help:

exactly this. I'm consistently heartbroken to see so many users that are in the exact situation that you're in. This isn't the place.
  • LaLouve_RK
    LaLouve_RK Posts: 899 Member
    Options

That was a unecessary comment. The girl is trying to get her head out of the water and its like saying " go sink somewhere else".
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 years old now, but for as long as I can remember I've had a body image problem and problems with eating. But ever since I was 13 years old I've been making myself throw up and starving myself and in the past year lost almost 40 pounds. I feel like my parents have been suspicious all along, but today after purging my mom came into my room and asked me if I threw up and started crying asking me if I've been purposely making myself throw up and how I really lost all of the weight, and part of me wanted to tell her because I feel so guilty but I couldn't and I'm so lost now because I feel like I should tell her but at the same time I'm terrified about what will happen and all I can think about is everything that can go wrong, like losing friends and just everything in my life changing. If any of you have been through this before, please help me I really sincerely don't know what to do. And also in recovery for an eating disorder do they make you gain all of your weight back?

Your aren't old enough to be on this site. You should be honest with your parents. If you are sincere with what your saying - please speak to your parents and get the help you need.
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I frankly don't care how old you are. I'm glad you reached out for help to someone, anyone even if it's us - complete strangers. Please please talk to your mother. Get help - you will be so glad you did. Talk to a teacher or a guidance counselor, someone who can point you in the direction of help. Food is always going to be part of your life and you need to deal with it in a healthy way. Good luck to you.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything everyone has said, everything.
    If you want your mom to know, but are scared/don't know what to say, write her a note. She'll understand. You need to reach out, and here is a great place to start, but now that you are acknowledging your problem, it's time to do something about it. Include your mother, she will be your greatest support.
    Good luck, and much love
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

That was a unecessary comment. The girl is trying to get her head out of the water and its like saying " go sink somewhere else".

It was necessary.

Also, I provided a link and asked her to get help. What did you do besides attack my post?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options

Please get help:

exactly this. I'm consistently heartbroken to see so many users that are in the exact situation that you're in. This isn't the place.

Third this. This is not the place for a child to be talking to strangers on the internet. As much as we would love to help her, it is not our responsibility to do so. Please leave before you get an onslaught of creeps sending your private messages. And if you do get them, please report them.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I would agree that the op is underage for this site and shouldn't be here based on that, but I would disagree about this not being the place if that assertion is based purely on the fact she has an ED, as the site is for fitness and health, as well as weight loss, and also for those simply wishing to learn to better their habits, and a person who has ended up obese due to stuffing themselves consistently for years (not to say all end up obese due to this, but many do) is just as disordered in their eating and mental health, imo, as someone who struggles with different kinds of eating disorder. I wish people would remember that years of overeating is disordered as well and that just as an obese person might want to learn how to eat better, there are also many with other eating issues who come here to try and better their health. This site is not just for weight loss.
  • Thinkingthin10
    Options

Thank you, I know I'm not old enough to be on this website but I don't know what else to do. I obviously don't want to talk to someone in real life about it so I came here to ask for advice. I did go onto the Eating Disorder support website and I'm talking to someone as we speak
This discussion has been closed.