Pregnancy belly before and afters?

Options
slhall0822
slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
I have a hideous post partum belly... squishy, stretch-marked like a zebra, and my skin is even wrinkly in some spots!!! I need some motivation... have any of you ladies that had horrible post partum bellies actually succeeded in making your belly look much less hideous? If so, can you post pictures (and share your secrets!)? Thanks!

Replies

• Homeschoolingmommy
    Homeschoolingmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!!!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Just had a baby myself. Bump for replies.
  • BoatReadyBody
    Options
    Mine looks better now..lol three boys all over 9 lbs youngest is 1.

12513244.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    After 6 pregnancies

8040150711_a85839e461_n.jpg
    IMG_20120929_095330 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

You can see the strech marks but not many people get to see me naked and those who do don't complain :)
  • sabineliebling
    Options
    More please! I had a baby 19 months ago, started working out 6 months ago, still have some weight to lose, but hope there is a happy ending in sight!
  • slhall0822
    slhall0822 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    After 6 pregnancies

8040150711_a85839e461_n.jpg
    IMG_20120929_095330 by yanicka.hachez, on Flickr

You can see the strech marks but not many people get to see me naked and those who do don't complain :)

Wow... 6 pregnancies? You look amazing! What did you do???

To quote my ob/gyn, my stomach looks like "Freddy Krueger attacked it from the inside out" LOL. I laughed when she said it, because it's oh so true. I know the stretch marks won't go away, but I'm hoping they will eventually fade enough and if I can get my stomach to be much less squishy, it'll all balance out :)
  • kirstencorren
    kirstencorren Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dont have any "before" baby belly pictures but I will post my "after" baby pictures tomorrow. I've got 2 beautiful healthy boys. Ty is 4 1/2 years and Nathaniel is 4 months :)
  • ljervisleah
    ljervisleah Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've had four pregnancies. Only the first one really did me in as far as stretch marks. I have them from my rib cage to my pubic bone. The worst of them being below my belly button. The skin is thin even wrinkly just above my pubic bone. Also my rectus abdominus over stretched and has not returned entirely to normal. Even at my thinnest I have a slight pouch just above my belly button. I can't wear a bikini (I've always been to modest for one anyway) but none of the things I mentioned are noticeable in a tankini or a one piece.

I added a picture of my in a swimsuit to my profile.
  • skoblinka
    Options
    *bump* I'm expecting my first right now, so this definitely a topic of interest for me
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Bumping so I can add a picture when I learn how to add pictures!

I wanna see some mama motivation pics, too! :smile:
  • helengohlke
    helengohlke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a little shy about doing this, but here it goes! 10 weeks after giving birth (4th pregnancy):

004_zpsf6ff72f7.jpg

My goal is to be 18 pounds lighter and much more toned by May 1st. I hope it works out and I get a great after picture.

Ehhhh....the picture size is bad. How do I fix that?
  • laurensgettingfit
    laurensgettingfit Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    honestly I think some of it goes with time, and some is genes, who knows... two and a half years later and my stretchmarks are still going strong although the ones from my teenage years are slowly dissapearing...10 years later (or more..).

I saw a mum at the pool with a 6 month old baby and she was a personal trainer and she is super fit, far out she looked awesome but when I got a bit closer woah she was totally shredded with stretchmarks. My stomach is really really bad with them (they go all the way down to my lady bits) but hers...probably worse. Poor woman! But I'm pretty sure blokes wouldn't complain to see her naked far out she was toned!
  • missjulyy91
    missjulyy91 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bump:)
  • helengohlke
    helengohlke Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to see the progress of other new moms!
  • CLD79
    CLD79 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine looks horrible. I have marks from almost my breasts all the way down the pubic bone. On top of that because I am losing weight, now I am getting the skin flab on top of the stretch marks. I have made it loud and clear that a tummy tuck will be in my future. I want to have another child though so tummy tuck will have to weight. Does any of that stretch mark lotion stuff work? I have not had success finding any. Also has anyone ever tried tanning? I am curious if this makes it look better or worse.
  • allisonj87
    allisonj87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I will have to take a pic!! My LO was born Sept. 26(my second). I am back down to pre-pregancy weight, now I just want to tone up my tummy!
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I've had four pregnancies. Only the first one really did me in as far as stretch marks. I have them from my rib cage to my pubic bone. The worst of them being below my belly button. The skin is thin even wrinkly just above my pubic bone. Also my rectus abdominus over stretched and has not returned entirely to normal. Even at my thinnest I have a slight pouch just above my belly button. I can't wear a bikini (I've always been to modest for one anyway) but none of the things I mentioned are noticeable in a tankini or a one piece.

I added a picture of my in a swimsuit to my profile.

How can I tell if my rectus abdominus is over stretched like you say?
  • avrobin03
    avrobin03 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump!!!!
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have had two children (3 & 7) both born c/s. I am currently 20 lb under where I was before children. I am happy with the weight but working to one up more.

I don't know how to post pictures but I do have a belly shot on my profile you can check out.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Three kids.last 2 were c sections.No befores,I have stretch marks from EVERY single pregnancy and the added pressure of having the c section pooch.I lost it after my second,so hopefully I can again this time :)

My stomach is flatter now,still got the stretchmarks(doesn't bother me)
    I will be posting pics after Insanity.I have a month or so left :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!