SUGAR

Options
Do sugars from fruit count towards making you fat?
Just my smoothie in the morning put me at my daily limit.
Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't make you fat... dietary fat doesn't make you fat... excess calories make you fat.
  • sunlover89
    sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    It depends who you are. Excess sugars make *me" fatter because I am sensitive to sugars. If I ate 1200 protein and 1200 carbs, my body would be effected in very different ways. But really it is more about calories in - calories out.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    i eat 3 apples every day and have 0 problems with that
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Yeah, the body counts sugar as sugar no matter what the source.. So if you're going over by A LOT everyday try cutting back on sugary fruits and opt for berries
  • kathleenmary73
    kathleenmary73 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sugar affects different people in different ways. I have been off of sugar for just over two months now and the difference is amazing. But you're talking about the fruit in a smoothie, I am thinking that would not be harmful unless you re sugar sensitive in which case perhaps you need to stick to low sugar fruit like berries.
  • lynnmariestan1
    lynnmariestan1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I think everyone's body is different. Sugar has drastic effects on me, but I have a lot of excess fat especially in my abdomen and waist, so I am probably insulin resistant. There are a lot of good articles and books out there on sugar and how it affects your body.
  • BeautifulBetsy
    BeautifulBetsy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I googled search sugar research. It was hard to tell what types of sugars would be stored in the guts. I have a 3 berry smoothie almost every morning, but they're sugar in my milk, my coffee (which I stop having now) it looks as though sugar is in everything and it's the only thing I go WAY over on in my daily goals, and the reason I think Ive been gaining instead of lossing. It's frustrating.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Sugar doesn't make you fat... dietary fat doesn't make you fat... excess calories make you fat.

This.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I would read up on sugar and the effects. I am a diabetic and I eat fruit although rarely juice. You would want to make sure you have accurate levels set.