Jalapeno Peppers are good for weightloss

Options
I have one in the morning, they are packed with good stuff and help you burn extra calories..plus they bring some flavor to bland foods..:)

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My husband had the hottest sandwhich this weekend - roasted chicken with Jalapenos, Chipotle and banana peppers and chipotle mayo - his metabolism is probably on fire now (although I think the rest of him has recovered LOL!)

I myself can't handle jalapenos but I do like a small amount of Vlassic pepper rings in my salad and try to put those dried red pepper spice things in some other foods.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    How does it help you lose weight?
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I agree that jalapeno's are good stuff. They are low in calories...but I'm pretty sure they don't burn EXTRA calories.
  • jrow5
    jrow5 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do peperoncini's do the same thing, do you know?
  • mckval
    mckval Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Dr. Oz mentioned recently on his show that spicy foods help speed up your metabolism. (It was the show where they studied how the metabolism slows down for women in their 40s.) Anyway, eating spicy foods was one way to help that. Jalapenos certainly are spicy!
  • Ivarivdnoe
    Ivarivdnoe Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been eating jalepenos for a couple days! (Yes I enjoy them!) and decided to see what effects they have on weight loss. I found this on livestrong.com (http://www.livestrong.com/article/476023-jalapeno-peppers-and-weight-loss/) but this is what caught my attention!
    "CAPSINOIDS
    Capsionoids are compounds found in jalapenos and other peppers that provide some of the pungent flavor. In addition to potentially blunting your appetite by providing large amounts of spice, capsinoids may have direct benefits for weight loss. A study from the August 2010 issue of "Nutrition & Metabolism" indicates that capsinoids may encourage increased calorie burning and promote the burning of fat for fuel."
    Doesn't hurt to try.....
  • WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I eat them quite a bit with eggs, sandwhiches, steak, ect.. My favorite is stuffed and baked with laughing cow cheese!
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I put jalapenos in my oatmeal!
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno-Business_zpsaf11ab2f.jpg
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I have baked jalapenos stuffed with fat free cream cheese and topped with low fat cheddar almost everyday. I don't know that they help me lose weight, but they sure do taste good and are low in calories!! Love my jalapenos!!
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    They are good for vitamin C.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno-Business_zpsaf11ab2f.jpg

LMAO funny! Good to know, I didn't know they had that benefit, we just ran out but i'm ready to go buy more now after hearing this lol!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I have baked jalapenos stuffed with fat free cream cheese and topped with low fat cheddar almost everyday.

Damn, that sure sounds good!