Do i actually eat 1300 Net?

Options
Just confused... lol Im at 1300 calories a day and I exercise. so do I net 1300 and ignore that other number mfp shows?

Replies

• djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    The other number that MFP shows is your daily calorie goal plus what was lost during exercise. Netting 1300 would be eating what that other number is, for example you gain back 200 calories from a walk, so the MFP number now says 1500. If you eat 1500, you are netting 1300.

It is up to you if you want to eat back those exercise calories or not. Some do. Some don't.
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    You should be reconsuming the calories you loose during exercise. So if you earn 300 cal doing cardio, eat that 300 cal back. Also make sure that your not consuming fewer calories than your bmr. I have noted that this site does not effectively calculate accurately how many calories you should be consuming. Go to www.fat2fitradio.com/tools and check the math then customize your goals as needed! Best wishes!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    yes, with how MFP is set up, you are supposed to net 1300.

i, however, have a hard time doing that. i try to eat back about 50% of my calories but sometimes that can be hard depending on my workout that day and my hunger level. i listen to my body - i eat when i am hungry but i most certainly don't force myself to eat food simply because i burned a ton of calories on a given day (like today for instance).
  • beez89
    beez89 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I will take that advice! see im always worried im not eating enough and maybe that wreck my progress. i think sometimes when your goal is to lose weight u try to eat as little as possible...maybe thats my problem.