I just need some encouragment.

Options
Because I know the answer, I know what you'll say but I still need encouragement that I AM doing this right and it WILL take some time.

Yeah I know, its only been three weeks but we live in a world of NOW. I refuse and will not give up. This lifestyle is just that. It is now forever. I work out 3-4 times a week (Stronglifts and cardio), and am living by IPOARMp2.

Replies

• purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Try to find foods and exercise you look forward to, rather than make it all about suffering! :bigsmile:
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Thank ya. Its not really about giving up. But more of..I WILL see the results I want. I just need to give it time dammit.

Thank you for replying. :heart:
  • Schnell117
    Schnell117 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just remember - slowly slowly and you'll know it's a healthy, sustainable way to lose weight! You CAN do it :D You're doing great!! 1lb per week by my calculations (looking at your signature timeline...). That's a great weightloss!
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Just keep at it. MFP does work if you're consistent with your tracking. I know it's frustrating at times, but we'll get there.
  • samhigh
    samhigh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Because I know the answer, I know what you'll say but I still need encouragement that I AM doing this right and it WILL take some time.

Yeah I know, its only been three weeks but we live in a world of NOW. I refuse and will not give up. This lifestyle is just that. It is now forever. I work out 3-4 times a week (Stronglifts and cardio), and am living by IPOARMp2.

Cut out the cardio to speed up progress. Just eat less on your non-strength training days. You will see faster results.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    What's IPOARMp2?
  • techiegirl81078
    techiegirl81078 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    We all need to hear you can do it every now and again! Its not easy by any means....so YOU CAN DO IT! And so can I! :tongue:
  • Investorhyde1
    Options
    As Schnell117 said, 1lb per week is great! The results will happen and when that day comes you will realize how fast time flys :)
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    What's IPOARMp2?
    In place of a Road Map Part 2. It is a thread on here about BMR and stuff like that
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    My MFP community is the best. Thank you guys. :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    Keep at it girl.. you have got this!!!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Of course you can.

Yeah, at around 4 weeks I just wanted it all to happen NOW with a magic bullet. It didn't. But I stuck with it and more than hit my goals!

You can do it!
  • notyourpalbuddy
    Options
    16 pounds in 3 weeks? From where I stand you are on fire! You are doing great.
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    No, 16lbs to go :) 3lbs in 3 weeks. All of it was lost the first 3 weeks when i was doing 1200 cals. LOL
  • seafuss
    seafuss Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a FUN workout??? Hope I'm not asking for the impossible!
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a FUN workout??? Hope I'm not asking for the impossible!

I dont really see it as fun. But putting on some kick *kitten* music always helps me get through my workouts.
  • jaechristine
    Options
    In my opinion, I think you should consider the belief that this is a change for a healthier you, not for a skinnier you. The skinnier you will come, but you have to know that you will continue to workout and eat healthy for the rest of your life. You won't do well if you don't believe in yourself, darling. I believe in you. I've been in the same position, but I've also started to research different lifestyles and food choices, starting with food documentaries on Netflix. It has helped me change my thinking, and, ultimately, that's the only way to go. Good luck!