fruit

Options
Does anyone else go way over their sugar because of fruit?

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Yep! But Ive read on here millions of times that unless you have a problem with sugar, not to worry about it! :D
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't know. I've never measured my sugar intake, just total carbs.
  • HeyGypsy
    Options
    I actually got rid of my carb/sugar limits on here because I eat so much fruit that I ALWAYS go over! I know when I'm eating more non-fruit carbs/sugar than I should, so there was no point in me keeping the limits there.
  • stefosaurusrawrrrr
    Options
    Yeah :/ my mom apparently told me that my doctor said I eat too much fruit :[ but I can't help it, it's too good.
  • jwiley78
    jwiley78 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm always over on sugar for the same reason. It is natural sugar and from my understanding it is used by your body in a different way then artificial sugars. You should be fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    manage your macros, not your micros (unless you have a medical condition that warrants it). That said, when I really started managing my macronutrients I had to cut way back on my fruit...I was eating 4-5 servings of fruit per day and only 1 or 2 servings of veg. I had to flip that to make my macros work. Bonus, veg has much more vitamins, is lower in calories, and generally leaves you feeling fuller longer. Now I average 1.5-2 servings of fruit and about 4 servings of veg per day....sometimes a little more.