Do I need a calorie tracker like a Bodymedia or just a HRM.

Options
Just a little background. I'm 39 and just started P90 workout. I have been using the MFP to track food and such but can't track my calories burned. I had a fitbit when I was doing C25K but found it to be to inaccurate. Do I need something that constantly monitors my activity or just a HRM for when I workout? I would kinda like to have something that monitors my daily burn but I'm very confused and did a search but just can't find the answer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• Pitalue
    Pitalue Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just a little background. I'm 39 and just started P90 workout. I have been using the MFP to track food and such but can't track my calories burned. I had a fitbit when I was doing C25K but found it to be to inaccurate. Do I need something that constantly monitors my activity or just a HRM for when I workout? I would kinda like to have something that monitors my daily burn but I'm very confused and did a search but just can't find the answer. Any advice would be appreciated.

Look into PolarFT40 HRM. it tracks calories burned and measures your heat rate. I have heard great things about this. I have been looking to buy one too and I am going for this one. GREAT REVIEWS!
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have a fitbit and an HRM...I calibrated my fitbit for my stride and it was pretty accurate next to the HRM which I wear durring my runs (c25k). I usually wear the fitbit all day and let it track the regular daily stuff and then use my HRM to calculate my burns for workouts. :) Hope this helps.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't NEED anything but a HRM is great to get an idea of where you are with your exercise. The Polar FT4 is a good basic model. You should be able to calculate your basic calorie needs without something that tracks every move all day.