What is FITBIT

Options
Ok....this may have been asked before, but I keep seeing people talk about this device. Is it worth it, how do you get the full benefit of it, are there negative things about this product????? Any advice would be greatly appreciated =)

Replies

• Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    www.fitbit.com

it is a fairly accurate pedometer and depending on the model will track stairs climbed, steps, miles/km, calories burned, sleep patterns if worn at night... some will bluetooth to the app some don't
  • OriginalRedfishMan
    Options
    I love mine. Helps me especially because some days I don't move enough. It is a good way to track. I like the sleep tracking as it allows me to see what affects my sleep quality. There is a fitbit wifi scale and both integrate automatically to my fitness pal.
  • Jeki020103
    Options
    I love mine. It really inspires me to meet my goals by the end of the day. There have been nights that I haven't reached my 10,000 step goal and I jump on the treadmill just to get to goal. It is definitely motivating me. Anne
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Same with me. I try for my 10,000 steps or more and recently joined the MFP group on the fitbit website where you can compete with the group for steps. It definitely keeps me moving because I don't want my rank to fall too low! Yesterday I was 71 out of 700 something.
  • CowgirlConnieMay
    CowgirlConnieMay Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Wow guys this sounds great....I will be joining you guys soon with this device :)
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I got one for Christmas, the Fitbit One. It tracks my sleep, steps, stairs, calories burned etc. I have problems because if I forget and wear it on the bus (I am a Head Start teacher.) it says that I have climbed 10-14 flights of stairs due to the bouncing of the bus. It then says that I have burned more than I have. This is frustrating to me. Other than that I like what it does.