Zucchini?

Options
Tdacks
Tdacks Posts: 136 Member
My roommate hates mushy veggies. Her aunt gave her some frozen garden squash and zucchini mix which after cooking turned out to be very squishy from being frozen. I thought maybe zucchini bread would be a good use for it, but all the recipes I've seen call for grated zucchini, and we have... mushy slices.

Does anyone know a good use for this veggie, or a recipe for zucchini bread that works with it as we have it?

We have several baggies of this in the freezer that we don't want to waste!

Thanks!

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I throw the frozen stuff into homemade soups. It just disappears.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    You could blend it in a soup or try blending and putting it into your zucchini bread recipe!
    Mix it in mashed potatoes and add it to chilli.
  • Tdacks
    Options
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Puree it and put in in the bread. Whether its grated or not had nothing to do with how the bread will turn out.
  • Royalsbatwench
    Royalsbatwench Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These are so good. But be sure to eat them while they are hot :)
  • Tlove1111
    Tlove1111 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I use all the time. Super easy too!

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=2718
  • Tdacks
    Options
    I can't wait to try all these recipes. Thank you all :)
  • I've tried to grill zucchini, but it didn't lend itself well to get that nice, grilled look or tatse. It just looked smuchy.

I've now learned that you need to slice the zucchini, put salt on both sides and leave it between some paper towel for at least 20 minutes. It adsorbs the extra fluid making it much better to grill!!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Zucchini fries! I haven't made them yet but I've eaten them. There should be lots of easy recipes to look up. :)
  • Maybe_7
    Maybe_7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I like to use a speed peeler to make them into thin strips. I steam these zucchini noodles for a couple of minutes (you could also sautee them with a little bit of olive oil) and then mix them with normal pasta. (You can save many calories, if you substitute some of the pasta with the zucchini noodles. You could also leave out the pasta completely...but I don't have enough willpower and too much love for pasta for that.)
  • Tdacks
    Options
    Grilled zucchini and zucchini fries are awesome! Unfortunately, we were given them in sliced and squishy frozen form. Brownies or bread are on the menu for tonight. I will let you all know how it goes :)
  • looopyloops
    looopyloops Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I put zucchini into spaghetti sauce and chilli, if you toss it in a blender you can liquify it and toss it in things as well like muffins where you don't want chunks showing