losing patience

Options
I'm eating more or less clean. Excercising 3 times a week 1.5 to 3 hours on those days. I'm getting a bit more toned but I'm stuck at the same numbers for over a month and it's frustrating because all I really want is to lose weight. Any tips on how to speed up weight loss?

Replies

• holdingon2faith793
    Options
    Bump!
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Hang in there and confirm you are counting and measuring correctly.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,021 Member
    Options
    If your looking more toned then your losing body fat, your ahead of the curve. Try maintenance calories for a week and refrain from exercise, then jump back in.
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're gaining muscle to me. Have you measured yourself? You should be! It's very rewarding to see how many inches you've lost, especially when that scale isn't budging! How many calories are you eating daily? If it's not enough, it will hurt your metabolism and your ability to lose that weight, but I'm sure you're just gaining muscle, and losing inches. Muscle weighs more than fat, so as you lose fat and gain muscle, your body will shrink, but the scale stays the same. :happy:
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? I used to think it didn't but on the days I don't drink enough I can feel the difference. Still drinking soda/pop?
  • SoozeE512
    SoozeE512 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Switch things up, try changing your routines.
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1500 on days I don't exercise but I'm going down to 1400 and days that I exercise it depends because sometimes I'm starving and then i eat back everything i burned. I did measure myself and I'm down an inch from my hips and bust and around half an inch on my waist...it doesnt feel like alot in a month of doing well
  • bluecrayonz
    bluecrayonz Posts: 459 Member
    Options

in terms of eating or exercise?
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You could try eating different foods, or experiment with your carb/protein/fat ratios. Also try mixing up your workouts. I would recommend lifting weights or try more intense cardio in shorter intervals. That might boost your metabolism a little bit or at least wake it up. I know it's discouraging but I'm sure that you are getting in better shape and your body is loving you for that.
  • ColoradoJojo
    Options
    Are you under stress? Sometimes you body holds onto weight because your releasing certain hormones that make you retain fat. When that happens you get no change. Sometimes you even gain weight. At that point you have to switch gears and start focusing on other things that might be affecting you.
  • OutsideCreativ
    OutsideCreativ Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day?
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same type of boat here. I eat well (considering that I am deployed and have very limited fresh fruit and veggies and have to rely upon someone else making my meals), I try to stick to lean chicken breast and things like that. I do Cross Fit 3 times a week and run 2-3 times a week. Yet every week when I get on the scale, it always same the exact same thing (the scale I use shows to 2 decimal places). I’m beginning to think that it will show that number for whoever gets on the scale, since I can’t fathom that in 3 plus weeks, the number doesn’t change even the tiniest bit? I can’t figure out what else to do. I know it takes time for changes, but I was having good results before going on R&R and now since I’ve come back, the scale doesn’t budge. My measurements are barely different as well (only ¼ inch in 3 plus weeks on hips and waits difference) and I don’t feel that I’ve toned any (at least not to my eyes) and my clothes don’t feel any difference, but that’s because I wear the same thing every day (my uniform) and they are not made to look “flattering” on women. I’m stuck. I drink 5 or so bottles of water a day. I am in a combat zone, so there is some stress, but no more than before I went on R&R and I was doing good then. I've been stuck since coming back and can't get it going again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm eating more or less clean. Excercising 3 times a week 1.5 to 3 hours on those days. I'm getting a bit more toned but I'm stuck at the same numbers for over a month and it's frustrating because all I really want is to lose weight. Any tips on how to speed up weight loss?
    Why are you exercising up to 3 hours in one day? And what exercise are you doing?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options

in terms of eating or exercise?

Maybe both... try eating about 100 cals less for a week or so. Also- for exercise - heard this today-- F.I.T.:
    F - Frequency (up your workout to 4 times a week)
    I - Intensity (work out a bit harder)
    T -Time (work out longer)

I just had to tweak my routine because I stalled for a few weeks, I added a couple extra workouts thru the week, cut my cals back about 150 or so, and tried to work out harder... and I lost a pound this week! Good luck!!!
  • carolineire
    carolineire Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    bump

also, Im in the same boat, but look at all the good side effects: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/851176-the-little-things
  • torque23
    torque23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Two weeks at 1200 calories a day and cardio three days a week. I drink nothing but a glass of fresh lemon juice and water all day and have only lost one pound. Seems very much not worth it for one freaking pound.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with ya. Two weeks at 1200 calories a day and cardio three days a week. I drink nothing but a glass of fresh lemon juice and water all day and have only lost one pound. Seems very much not worth it for one freaking pound.
    So if your cardio is 300 calories burned (I'm sure this is a reserved guess) then your NET calories a day is 900 or under? Not a good way to try to lose weight. Much less fat weight.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I’m in the same type of boat here. I eat well (considering that I am deployed and have very limited fresh fruit and veggies and have to rely upon someone else making my meals), I try to stick to lean chicken breast and things like that. I do Cross Fit 3 times a week and run 2-3 times a week. Yet every week when I get on the scale, it always same the exact same thing (the scale I use shows to 2 decimal places). I’m beginning to think that it will show that number for whoever gets on the scale, since I can’t fathom that in 3 plus weeks, the number doesn’t change even the tiniest bit?
    Are you lifting more each time, or just doing the same amount of weight every time? Are you continuing to get stronger, or just staying the same?
  • torque23
    torque23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No, if I burn x amount of calories I get x amount of calories added to my calorie counter. So I'm always at or below 1200.
  • Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try measuring yourself. Sometimes the scale just doesn't show the progress. Also make sure your logging correctly and are not eating to much fat or calories. They add up quick.