Don't know where else to turn.

Options
2»

Replies

• AdamFaris
    Options
    Call one of the numbers tonight. It doesn't require any official appointments or commitments. Just a person to talk to. And then follow through with some additional support going forward. There's nothing wrong with who you are. Yes you have some serious issues causing your problems, but those issues can be addressed. There is help available. Please use it.
  • jessicamsantiago
    Options
    Hey there,

I came across your post quite by accident. This is the first time I've commented on anything in any of these forums. I am super new to this, but I felt connected to your post and could not just keep browsing. I can completely relate to absolutely everything you wrote in that post. I have felt all of those same feelings - well maybe not exactly the same because we are all so unique and individual. I've suffered from depression for half of my life. Almost every woman in my family has some form of mental illness. I get it. I do. Please talk to your doctor, and perhaps see what he or she can do about managing your medication a little differently. Talk to someone, and reach out. I can feel your passion through the few words that you wrote, and you are obviously a very special someone to have that kind of heart and courage to put yourself out there like that.

I began studying buddhism and meditation for a more holistic approach, and it made a world of difference - but that was me, and you are you. I don't know you, but I promise I will be thinking of you and hoping that your tomorrow is a little bit sunnier. Things really do get better. I promise.

I have a website that I administer that I created for the sole purpose of having a safe place online to visit. There are tons of resources there as well. Come visit.

http://www.kickithereforkindness.com/
  • Redbird99ky
    Redbird99ky Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Go to your doctor.

There is no one on the internet that can help you - You need real life help.

If your doctor is closed, call a friend, relative, neighbor that can be with you until you can go to your doctor.

If this is a real life cry for help, you need real life people to help you - get off the internet and find someone.

^^^^ABSOLUTELY!!! Having been there with depression, I know that the Internet is a way for us to mistakenly believe that we are NOT isolating, when in fact we are doing just that. Get to a doctor or call a crisis hotline. Please. I will be praying for your recovery.
  • Kitkat1993x
    Options
    You're all ABSOLUTELY amazing people, and every single one of your comments/replies have been taken on board.
    I have 2 professionals involved in my care, and a very willing GP (who happens to be away on Wednesdays) to help.
    I'm really struggling tonight and it's a new feeling to 'cry' for hours like this for me.

I'm seeing my support worker in 5 hours. I have to hold on til then.
    I've stopped crying now and am just sat here numb.
    I hate feeling like this, thank you for all praying for me and trying to help.
    I'm sorry I moan a lot. I just literally didn't know what else to do.

Thank you all,

Kat <3 xxxxxx
  • Kimlroach
    Options
    I will say a prayer for you tonight. Try to get some sleep, it may help.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I hope you are getting help.

When it gets so bad for me. I go run. I'm not saying its what you should do, Just what I do to cope.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I've struggled with depression myself, it's horrible, but there is hope! Medication and therapy has worked for me over the years. There's a way out of your illness, just hang in there. You are not alone. I'm sp glad you are getting help...I will be praying for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Kitkat1993x
    Options
    UPDATE;

I got my support worker out this morning.
    She's gone back to talk to her team about further action. I'm scared. She knows I want to let it win. She knows everything.
    I just burst into tears and told her.

Thank you for all your support, hope and prayers.

xxxxx