Free Weights

Options
Hey everybody,
I'm looking to get into free weights now that I've got my fitness back to a good point.
I'm just not sure where to start or how to formulate a plan for when I get into the gym.

Just looking for some pointers or links to exercises (or programs) I can print out and take to the gym with me.

5'5" 135lb Female

I do squats at the moment and do some tricep work with free weights but that's about the extent of my knowledge on what will be most effective for me.

Thanks for your help!

Be well. Be you. :)

Replies

• Amber1070
    Amber1070 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have an app on my phone that helps plan that out but you could probably just search the internet. The app I started using recently is fitness buddy free
  • sarahaldinger
    sarahaldinger Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm totally open to apps. I'm pretty sure my phone should just be super glued to me. (As much as I hate to admit it.)
  • chimp517
    chimp517 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    my split goes like this: The major lift of the day is in ( )
    Day 1 : Legs/calves - (Deadlifts/ Squats)
    Day 2: Chest/ Triceps/ abs - (Presses)
    Day 3: Back/ Biceps/ forearms - (Pull ups)
    Day 4: Shoulders/ Traps- ( overhead press)
  • jessica_2990
    jessica_2990 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bodybuilding.com have some good starting plans and they have breakdowns on how to do each one.
    Good place to start and then you can alter it to what suits you and what you're seeing results with
  • Erica002
    Erica002 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    There are a ton of apps out there on smartphones that'll give you ideas and some will send you a daily workout.