Hi everyone!

Options
MrsJSF
MrsJSF Posts: 12 Member
Hi All,

I'm 5 ''5 and overweight for my body type. I need to lose 20lbs at least.

I have always been skinny with an awesome metabolism and very low appetite but about three years ago my life changed pretty dramatically (some fabulous changes some not so fabulous) and I had to deal with a lot of stress and ended up eating to make myself feel better. I gained 25lbs quite quickly!

I have cholesterol issues now and joint pain. My doctor said if I can change my diet and lose weight, I can reverse this.

In a week and a half, I have managed to reset my appetite in that I don't need to eat ALL the time and my body is comfortable being slightly hungry. My fitness levels have also improved quite dramatically. However weight loss is slow. The fact that I just turned 46 might have something to do with it! :)

I am looking for support, cheer leaders because I do NOT, do NOT want to go back to what I was: unhappy with myself and battling low self esteem and feeling like someone else, not entirely myself.

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome aboard!!!-Its fun & motivating here-Im obsessed with this site & my new MFP friends-its a life long journey-you'll do-we're all here for ya-
  • Sweetbelle159
    Sweetbelle159 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends of a similar age....Belle
  • Sweetbelle159
    Sweetbelle159 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm also obsessed with this site, have lost nearly 5kg already....add me as a friend if you like....I'm here everyday
  • melissakatemey81
    Options
    Hi :) I'm in the same situation.... put on quite a bit in what seemed like a really short period of time - I'm aiming to loose about 33lbs. Will send you a friend request :)
  • MrsJSF
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Feels great to know we are all in this together. Wonderful motivation! Hugs
  • MrsJSF
    Options
    I'm also obsessed with this site, have lost nearly 5kg already....add me as a friend if you like....I'm here everyday

Thats excellent! Congratulations :)
  • mcshug78
    Options
    hi i'm new too, feel free to add me, good luck with it all x
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    im new here aswell. its great that you are making such positive changes. you can add me. all the best :)
  • semtypeshshan
    semtypeshshan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have been on this site in a while on and off and I am determined to use it to its potential now. I have been in a relationship since 2010 and it has now broken off and I have realised that I have comfort eaten 3 stone. I have already lost 5 pound in two weeks! Add me I'm hooked on here too. x
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am also new and am looking for support! I am 40 and it is a scary time to need to be losing weight! Feel free to friend request me, I imagine I'll be onsite every night checking my calories and exercise. It's a lot easier than writing it in a book. My weight "snuck" up on me after my ex and I broke up and then I did four surrogacies. Being pregnant back to back really helped pack on the weight, and I kind of think I was taking myself out of the game so I didn't have to think about getting back into shape and getting back out in the dating scene. I'm definitely ready now and hope this will be the year I see it happen. Here's to new beginnings in 2013!