Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Hi everyone!

MrsJSF
MrsJSF Posts: 12 Member
Hi All,

I'm 5 ''5 and overweight for my body type. I need to lose 20lbs at least.

I have always been skinny with an awesome metabolism and very low appetite but about three years ago my life changed pretty dramatically (some fabulous changes some not so fabulous) and I had to deal with a lot of stress and ended up eating to make myself feel better. I gained 25lbs quite quickly!

I have cholesterol issues now and joint pain. My doctor said if I can change my diet and lose weight, I can reverse this.

In a week and a half, I have managed to reset my appetite in that I don't need to eat ALL the time and my body is comfortable being slightly hungry. My fitness levels have also improved quite dramatically. However weight loss is slow. The fact that I just turned 46 might have something to do with it! :)

I am looking for support, cheer leaders because I do NOT, do NOT want to go back to what I was: unhappy with myself and battling low self esteem and feeling like someone else, not entirely myself.

Replies

• srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    :flowerforyou: Welcome aboard!!!-Its fun & motivating here-Im obsessed with this site & my new MFP friends-its a life long journey-you'll do-we're all here for ya-
  • Sweetbelle159
    Sweetbelle159 Posts: 31 Member
    Feel free to add me, I'm looking for friends of a similar age....Belle
  • Sweetbelle159
    Sweetbelle159 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm also obsessed with this site, have lost nearly 5kg already....add me as a friend if you like....I'm here everyday
  • Hi :) I'm in the same situation.... put on quite a bit in what seemed like a really short period of time - I'm aiming to loose about 33lbs. Will send you a friend request :)
  • MrsJSF
    Thanks everyone. Feels great to know we are all in this together. Wonderful motivation! Hugs
  • MrsJSF
    I'm also obsessed with this site, have lost nearly 5kg already....add me as a friend if you like....I'm here everyday

Thats excellent! Congratulations :)
  • hi i'm new too, feel free to add me, good luck with it all x
  • im new here aswell. its great that you are making such positive changes. you can add me. all the best :)
  • semtypeshshan
    semtypeshshan Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I have been on this site in a while on and off and I am determined to use it to its potential now. I have been in a relationship since 2010 and it has now broken off and I have realised that I have comfort eaten 3 stone. I have already lost 5 pound in two weeks! Add me I'm hooked on here too. x
  • gothikgrrl
    gothikgrrl Posts: 23 Member
    Hello! I am also new and am looking for support! I am 40 and it is a scary time to need to be losing weight! Feel free to friend request me, I imagine I'll be onsite every night checking my calories and exercise. It's a lot easier than writing it in a book. My weight "snuck" up on me after my ex and I broke up and then I did four surrogacies. Being pregnant back to back really helped pack on the weight, and I kind of think I was taking myself out of the game so I didn't have to think about getting back into shape and getting back out in the dating scene. I'm definitely ready now and hope this will be the year I see it happen. Here's to new beginnings in 2013!