Fellow "Zumba" lovers!

Options
Hey Guys n Gals,

I have recently fallen in love with Zumba, however, im not sure just how many calories im actually burning off. I go all out and build up a disturbing amount of sweat lol but i wondered if anyone had any tips on how to measure what calorie level im burning please.

Would it be classed as high impact aerobics??

Appreciate your help....

Cheers and happy slimming!!

Lara xxxx

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I am not sure. I just started Zumba as well. Personally, I would consider it high impact aerobics but you could log it as dance too I guess.
  • inspiration78
    Options
    I am also a Zumba lover. I take every class that I can. I ended up buying a HRM simply because it's hard to judge how many cals you are burning. Also, I have noticed that the cals I burn varies from class to class. It can vary from 400 to 600 calories! I recommend getting a HRM if you want to be the most accurate but I think you could classify it as high impact aerobics if you give it 110% every time. Just my opinion.
  • xLARAx
    xLARAx Posts: 6
    Options
    I am also a Zumba lover. I take every class that I can. I ended up buying a HRM simply because it's hard to judge how many cals you are burning. Also, I have noticed that the cals I burn varies from class to class. It can vary from 400 to 600 calories! I recommend getting a HRM if you want to be the most accurate but I think you could classify it as high impact aerobics if you give it 110% every time. Just my opinion.

Hey, sorry for my ignorance but whats a HRM?? xxx
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have always logged it as high impact aerobics :)

I'm pretty lax about everything though, so I know it's not exact. I'm still losing though!
  • sunnysashka
    sunnysashka Posts: 296
    Options
    Hello! I'm a Zumba - addict! )) Last time I was wearing those watch which calculate calories you burn based on your heart rate. It was 503 cal in 55 minutes! Not bad, ha?
    It is very different from person to person. Depends on YOU (how much you put into the work out), depends on your instructor too.

I log it as aerobics hight impact, but I manually adjust the calories based on the measurements.
  • ranibauer
    ranibauer Posts: 73
    Options

HRM is a heart rate moniter. I usually burn 400 calories in 55 minutes... but there was one Zumba class I took that I only burned like 200 it was soooooooo slow!
  • xLARAx
    xLARAx Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks so much peeps for all your help and info!!

XXXX
  • inspiration78
    Options

HRM = Heart Rate Monitor. I got a Polar F6. I LOVE IT!