Confused..... Thoughts are welcomed.....

Options
There are still several things I need to figure out, but the biggest perplexing thing for me is my clothes are fitting loser and many people at work are commenting on how it looks like I have lost a lot of weight. This is where my confusion comes in. My scales hasn't hardly moved in about 3 - 4 months. I have also taken and updated my measurements, which also haven't changed more than 1/4 inch. So, how is it that my clothes are fitting much looser and people are noticing when neither the weight nor the inches are moving????

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if your clothes are looser then you must have lost inches... maybe you're just not measuring in exactly the same place? i know i struggle sometime to measure in the same place and get anything like the same number!
  • zelenybish
    Options
    it could be to do with posture, apparently when you are losing weight and doing exercise your posture can improve, making you look a littler thinner than before?
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing happening to me! I've probably lost a total of 10 lbs in the last 4 months and maybe an inch total. But I think I am losing inches in places that I haven't measured. I never measured my lower thighs or my calves or my forearms. I'm guessing these are places it's coming from. As long as I am looking better and feeling better it's all good! =)
  • David1540
    David1540 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    A lot of times the FIRST place people notice weight loss is in your face. Go find a picture of yourself a few months back and see if you don't see the difference. Muscle weighs more than fat, so that can completely offset what you've done on the scale.
  • kerryoneill22
    kerryoneill22 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, the scales are going up and down but my clothes seem to bit getting bigger all the time, not sure if it is where I am toning doing the '30 Shred', but I don't seem to be noticing the scale movement much, It can be quite disheartening, I have the thought that it must have something to do with water retention, if this is so how do you get rid of excess water.
  • ckleczka
    ckleczka Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue, too! The inches didn't seem to be coming off and the weight loss was certainly not spectacular, but my clothes were fitting better. That is the time when I take a photo straight on and from a side view. What a revelation! Each time I do it, even though the scale and tape measure don't seem to be moving anywhere fast, there is a distinct and noticeable difference showing in the photos. I have been sitting at a plateau for almost three weeks now and this will be the time I'll take my fourth set of pictures to see what's changed.

One thing I will say as well is that as long as my clothes are fitting more loosely, I really have stopped caring overall what either the scale is saying. I suspect as was mentioned already that I am losing inches in places I just don't measure (I only focus on the hips and waist.)

Caley