Trouble With Level 2 of 30 Day Shred

Options
I've been on level 2 for 3 days. I made it through the workout the first two days but couldn't do everything and had to take a few breaks. I didn't do the shred yesterday, I did cardio instead. Today I quit half way through. I had no stamina, and did not feel like I was getting an effective workout. I am going to ride my stationary bike today to make up for it.

I can do most of the plank type moves (Anita Style), but they wear me down. Maybe I should follow Natalie instead? There's a lot of moves during this level that require coordination, like the walking lunge and the oblique twist. I cannot seem to get them right - my feet won't cooperate.

Did anyone else have this much trouble with level 2? How long did it take you to figure it out? I am starting to feel like I should go back to level 1 or skip to level 3.

Replies

• MommaToFour
    Options
    I'm on day three of level 2 also. And although I've done this program before, I say just stick with level two. Keep pushing yourself. You'll notice a huge difference in what you can do once day 5 and 6 come around. Usually by day 10 when it's time to move on, you'll have it perfected!! :) Another idea I would suggest, if there is a move you just completely can't get, do another move from level 1 instead. Good Luck! :)
  • ruthieg10
    ruthieg10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm on day three of level 2 also. And although I've done this program before, I say just stick with level two. Keep pushing yourself. You'll notice a huge difference in what you can do once day 5 and 6 come around. Usually by day 10 when it's time to move on, you'll have it perfected!! :) Another idea I would suggest, if there is a move you just completely can't get, do another move from level 1 instead. Good Luck! :)

I would totally agree with this, i struggled so much the first few days and although i didnt give up and had to take it easier, dont beat yourself up about it, it will get easier, just do as much as you can! Good Luck!x
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2 as well. For me, with all the plank moves, I'll sometimes actually stop, watch what their doing, and rewind to start that move.
    It's hard, but we can get through it!!!!
  • ChrissieP80
    ChrissieP80 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I definitely found Level 2 to be a shock to the system. But keep with it, follow Anita and take a few seconds break when needed. I think the problem is that you get used to Level 1 and you find it easier - you start following Natalie, then suddenly you get to Level 2 and you think you can still follow Natalie...at least that is what happened to me!

Anyway, I'm at the end of Level 2 now and am ready for Level 3. Ready to find out how much harder it's going to be...!
  • annie7hudds
    annie7hudds Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always found Level 2 harder than Level 3 on the Shred.

Just persevere. Do what you can and you will quicky get the hang of it.
  • islandbeez
    islandbeez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Still on level 1 here, but last year when I hit level 2 I was so overwhelmed after two days that I decided I needed to give Jillian a day off....and that day lasted a year! Hoping to do better this time around, but the planks and coordinated movements are exactly what I am dreading. So, you are not the only one struggling, there's at least the two of us :flowerforyou:
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    All the levels feel tough the first few times you do them, but stick at it and it will get easier as your mind and body adjust to what you are being asked to do.
    As earlier suggested if you really can't do any move substitute with another one you have mastered and keep going. I am on Day 2 of Level Three - promise it does get better!!
    Good Luck
    Jules xx
  • redstilletto
    redstilletto Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi I did 30 Day Shred and is now busy with 30 Day Ripped on week three.

Seems on both programmes week two is not so nice. I just did my best and gave it all I got (not to sound like Jillian :bigsmile: ) and in the end each time it started feeling to come together around day 5.

I also battle with my coordination and with some cardio moves did jumping jacks rather just to keep moving.

Hope it helps and feel free to add me as friend if you wanna know more.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Im about to do day 5 of level 2 and hate the plank moves, sometimes Il do them for half the time then the last half of the move Il do boxing or jumpiung jacks or standing crunches instead. Im still seeing results (had jeans that got halfway up my thighs,now 15 days later they get up but got bout 2-3 inches til the buttons meet!) just keep at it and it will get easier and you'll wonder why you found it so daunting x
  • Jademadeley
    Options
    I completed day 5 of level 2 today and I still hate it! Still have to stop a fair few times (especially during the plank stuff) and yeah still can't get some of the moves right, mainly the skaters one or whatever it's called? Can't seem to do it smoothly and coordinate my arms properly!
    However I think I am slowly progressing, I was even more worn out after today than the previous 4 days which makes me think I'm doing more of the moves correctly. Also, the way I see it is the harder it feels, the more I need to do it and am benefiting from it!
    Hope it gets more enjoyable for you :)
  • myjoy2012
    myjoy2012 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can I just add that I hate that Level 2 has so many plank moves?
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    stick with lvl 2, it gets easier (it was my fav of the three) as jillian says its supposed to be hard thats why you get results blah blah lol anyway keep going its worth it
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I struggled with the coordination too, but I just try to keep up, I laugh so much at my incompetence! No one is judging you or marking your performance, as long as you keep moving you'll get the burn you want. I have to adapt some of the moves because they hurt my back, it doesn't matter, just do what you can.

The last exercise gets me on level 2, every time I do it I realise I need to get a better bra! lol!
  • shannonS108
    shannonS108 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone! I will try again tomorrow. I like the idea of substituting some of the moves. I think I will try replacing some of the strength moves that give me coordination issues with some of the similar moves from level 1. And on the oblique twists, I'll just pick a different cardio move to do for the 30 seconds.
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I started day 1 of level 2 yesterday and I am dreading doing the workout today. It was extremely difficult. I did Level1 without shoes (don't know if that's good or bad) but I will have to wear them now because my feet slide on the carpet when I do the plank moves.
  • Java286
    Java286 Posts: 2
    Options
    I know this is an old post but I wanted to add- Always wear shoes with this! I didn't wear them last time and by level 2, I had such severe hip and knee pain that I quit. I went to the doctor and he said to always wear supportive shoes during workouts that have you jumping. Pretty much anything but Pilate's and yoga. I just finished level 1 again, with shoes, and had much less pain. I know not everyone has hip and knee problems but I think the shoes will help prevent wear and tear on your joints :)
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just finished level 2 and it does get easier, stick with it! I didnt mind the plank moves but substitute on the skippy ones. I dont do bouncing! Figurex so long as I kept my heart rate up and kept moving the benefits would be the same. I've noticed a big difference in my clothes so something is working. Just do as much as you can. Like some others, I also have rest days where my schedule doesnt fit it in. So I'm doing prob 5/7 days. Level 3 starts tomorrow. Its probably going to be a shock!
  • clanmcfleming
    clanmcfleming Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old post but I wanted to add- Always wear shoes with this! I didn't wear them last time and by level 2, I had such severe hip and knee pain that I quit. I went to the doctor and he said to always wear supportive shoes during workouts that have you jumping. Pretty much anything but Pilate's and yoga. I just finished level 1 again, with shoes, and had much less pain. I know not everyone has hip and knee problems but I think the shoes will help prevent wear and tear on your joints :)

Agree. Squat thrusts in bare feet are not a pleasure. Blistered my toes on day 1 of level 2, doh!
  • jenfig
    jenfig Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to hear helpful advice. I have a bad arm so some portions are difficult for me. I did level 1 ok but ,level 2 is really hard for me. I wanted to quit but I just kept pushing and trying to find other ways to do certain steps. I will continue and hope to see more results.