Looking for Supportive talkitive friends!

Options
My name is Kayci Babe, I'm 23 going on 24 in February and I weight 225 pounds.

I'm the average case, been "dieting" for years.
I have never dedicated myself because it's hard and requires long term change.

A little honesty goes a long way huh?

I am 5'3 and one hundred pounds over weight, and I can feel every extra pound.
One week into my life style change, the food change was first, the exercise is beginning as well.
1,200 calories, walking thirty minutes, and yoga so far.

I am ready to be a success story, and I want to find people who are ready as well!
I have never really had someone with similar goals in my life and if I can make just one friend that I can connect with on this I feel like victory is one step closer.

That's it about me! If you find yourself interested please add me and send me your story! =)

Replies

• smallmuscleathelete
    smallmuscleathelete Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hey, Kayci :-)
    I'm much older than you, but just like you, I'm 5'3 and need to lose weight!
    Anyway, just started mine last Thursday, trying hard to achieve 1,200 calories (it's quite difficult for me for the first few days, but today finally see the lights!) and try to walk 30 minutes when I get a chance (Time and Energy is an issue for working mom) . Can't wait to witness your journey.
    Feel free to add me.
  • mininipuce
    mininipuce Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey Kayci,

I've been around since September. I already lost 45 pounds. I'm fighting for the last 15 (or maybe 30 if I still have the motivation then). I'm at a plateau since November. We can motivate each other. Feel free to add me!
  • Star_Basil
    Options
    Hi Kayci!

This is my second time on MFP as it helped me maintain a healthy weight before my injury so I decided to come back to help me lose the pounds I've put on.

My goal is to lose 60 pounds in total and however many I can before I get married in September (omfg!). Trying to not worry about losing too much too quickly and rather to use this tool as it's meant to be used, as a life manager!

The biggest pitfall for me is junk food. I am a junk food addict which was tolerable when I was into sports but not so good when you're stuck in bed for months. I'm hoping to use MFP to regulate my junk food addiction, not planning on cold turkey but rather responsible snacking!

Anyways, I'm looking for someone to help hold me accountable and someone who I can support as well. Add me if you're interested!

Hope it works out for you. :D
  • browneyes97
    Options
    Hi Kayci, I'm in a similar boat as you. I'm 5'4 and weigh 213. I've lost 20 lbs last year and my goal is to lose at least double that this year. I'm so tired of being a plus size, I can't wait to shop in the regular section. I'm not engaged yet but I'm hoping to be soon. I want to look fabulous in a wedding gown! I want to, scratch that, need to be a success!

I started just walking and then added aerobics. Now I'm doing kickboxing 2 days a week too and loving it. I'm taking a beginners yoga class and I think it's something I want to keep up with too.
  • Alyssa842013
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me :) new to mfp and looking for supporting and encouraging friends :)
  • babymaddux
    babymaddux Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    i fully agree with the 'talkative' aspect. i may write nonsense, but it's still nice to have it be acknowledged lol.

i'm natalie, 33, 5'5, and 219lbs on jan 2. not allowed to weigh myself for a month. i have to focus on changing my foods for the long term, not a smaller number on the scale in the morning. i'm going primal (caveman eating) so i'm trying to focus on the bigger picture but i really hope that cutting out the 'modern' processed junk will have a good affect on my waistline. (and my hips, thighs and butt!)
    my exercise starts tomorrow, i'm looking for strength at first so i'm doing the 6 week challenges for push ups, sit ups and squats. i did the tests yesterday so i have to wait a day before i can begin. and i think i've managed to talk a couple people at work into doing it too - 3 women in a back office, collapsed on yoga mats hahaha. once the weather gets slightly nicer i'll go back to the 3 mile walks with the dog. and when it is light past 7pm again, they will extend to 5 miles. it's a really nice way to unwind, me and him in the park.
    so yeah, like i said, i kinda talk nonsense. but if you want a chat buddy, i'm available :)
  • lilmer14
    Options
    feel free to add me as a friend! I treat MFP as a social media almost and i'm constantly posting on everyone's page and encouraging! :)
  • OMGitzj3551k4
    OMGitzj3551k4 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You've always been so confident ever since high school! I still think you're beautiful and will be here for encouragement. I'm looking to lose 30 to 40 lbs myself and can't wait to see both your results and mine! Love you chicka!!
  • ObiRenKenobi
    Options
    Sent ya a friend request!
  • emmajdoc
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm actually really embarassed about my weight etc.

I promised myself in 2013 that i was going to lose weight and feel better about myself. I am 6ft (tall i know) and weigh a stone overweight.

The reason i've put on so much is because i got a new office job which involves no exercise and got myself a lovely partner and unfortunately I got into the "comfortable" stage.
    I started this only yesterday and started last week going to fitness class every week. I also bought myself an excercise bike. I'm just concerned that I'm not measuring my intake properly as I don't cook as my hours are long so my partner does the cooking ( i do the washing).

any hints or tips about dieting would be helpful.

Thanks everyone :)
  • gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    best of luck on here,feel free to add
  • KatieD060982
    KatieD060982 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I'm Katie, 5'5" and currently 223 lbs. I am also looking for supportive friends on here.
    Best of luck to you! Please, feel free to add me. I check in every day and try to encourage everyone as much as I can!:bigsmile:
  • kazzabel
    Options
    Hi
    I am new on here to and this is my first post
    Always a bit nearvous going on to forums but will be fine after a few goes I am sure
    ! am 40yrs old 5ft 7in and 180lb
    This year is my year as I have booked the summer holiday in July and am on the Karen will have a new swim suit diet
    Good look requst me as a friend if you want to and we can give support
    Take care
    Karen
  • Kaycibabe
    Kaycibabe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awe, you're too sweet! I didn't see this until now thanks girley. =D