hello, I am new here

Options
Hi everyone! This site was recommended to me to help me continue my weight loss . On June 28th, 2012 I weighted 356 pounds, now, today this morning I weight 275 pounds. I no longer have to take diabetic medication or blood pressure medication and that has been wonderful. I walk my dogs daily and swim two times a week for forty minutes each time. I try to make a point of doing little things in my daily routine to increase my activity, for example parking furthest from the door. It is my hope to continue to lose weight even though right now I seem to have stalled and have been same weight for a few weeks now. My friend recommended I join this site to gain motivation and have more tools available to me to help me along this journey. Friends with common goals would be a plus too!!

Replies

• just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you! You've already made a great start. I lost all of my weight by using MFP; logging every day, and listening to the guidance and encouragement of the wonderful people on my Friends List. I am in maintenance mode now but still logging and tracking my food and exercise every day. Feel free to send a friend request and I'd be happy to offer support and encouragement. :flowerforyou:
  • kdobsch
    kdobsch Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I currently weigh 276 and feel so overwhelmed that I have so much to lose how will it ever happen! I know to just take one day at a time I just have a hard time not looking at the big picture! I have non alcoholic fatty liver stage 2 and if I don't lose weight it will be very detrimental to my health just as diabetes. Keep up the good work!:smile:
  • DuskMoth
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work, sounds like you are definitely on the way already! :D
  • runwmeNC
    runwmeNC Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Amazing how far you've come. Congratulations with success and keep it up!
  • amyllu
    amyllu Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hi Jae, Welcome to MFP.. a great place for help in so many ways!
    Counting calories, tracking nutrients, adding your own recipes or meals... and then of course, the lovely people on here who are all rooting for you as well!

Great job on your loss so far and keep up the good work!! .. :drinker:
  • Geestar2
    Options
    Well done and all the best!!
  • spinelli74
    Options
    hello everyone i am new here my doctor reccommended i use this app to help me try loose a bit of weight so here goes
  • SallyAnnNorton
    SallyAnnNorton Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I only just found this site, i am finding it very helpful. In the past i have lost weight with weight watchers and slimming world, as with a club like that you get support from other group members and you log your food one way or another, but you have to pay weekly fees, and probably a joining fee. Here on this site you get all of the above for free. Good luck to you.
    Add me if you like.
  • cph4883
    cph4883 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! You have come so far already, great job! MFP is great for tracking your calories and exercise and the support of people at all stages of weight loss is amazing. I have similar weight loss goals so feel free to add me. I would love to support you as you complete this journey!

C
  • babybeijing
    Options
    welcome :)
    feel free to add me