Back Leg Cellulite!

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been doing super well on MFP and lost weight. I have also been excercising both cardio and weights. HOWEVER, I have a bit of cellulite on the back of my legs. I have tried EVERYTHING. I read online to drink more water, eat more grains, etc.

But does anyone have the same problem??? I'm curious to know.. what have you done to fix it? Or is this just a genetics thing...

Replies

• sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have been doing super well on MFP and lost weight. I have also been excercising both cardio and weights. HOWEVER, I have a bit of cellulite on the back of my legs. I have tried EVERYTHING. I read online to drink more water, eat more grains, etc.

But does anyone have the same problem??? I'm curious to know.. what have you done to fix it? Or is this just a genetics thing...

back squats, walking hills, steps....
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    Bump
  • vnovit
    vnovit Posts: 101
    Options
    Not elliptical?? :sad:

I find elliptical a lot easier than steps.. my poor knees!
  • Emile_Jarreau
    Emile_Jarreau Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Its part outside intervention with exercise...mainly cardio to strip fat down to a level that most don't enjoy or have time to do with aggressive strength training using all of the previous exercises.

but even before that is the diet. Learning how to eat in alignment with a fat loss goal (cellulite loss is fat loss) is an aesthetic goal, which is different from performance and feeling goals.

And in order to do the "looking good" or aesthetic goal...understanding how low you must take carbs if your carb sensitive is a mental thing. All of our bikini girls and competitive women have asked the same question...and this is usually the answer.

Whats the rest of your program and your level of desire to change?

Emile, Mr. Fat Loss
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Yep, drink pleant of Water!
    Also try Dry Skin Brushing on the area, then give it a good massage with some body lotion/moisturiser.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    My personal experience has always been more fat loss = more cellulite loss.

My legs looked the best when I was at my goal weight and squatting heavy weight.
  • ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had quite a significant amount on the backs of my thighs/bum area and ontop of 3 cardio/2 strength sessions a week for fat loss, Ive been drinking lots of water and lots of green tea! I also drink hot water with a few lemon slices in the morning for extra detoxing!x
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Fat loss and some strength training may help, but it will depend on your skin. Cellulite is caused by structures of the skin pressing down on the fat.