Water by the oz.

Options
They should defiantly do the water by the oz, instead of every 4 oz. It would help out....anyone agree?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    The record it by every 4 Oz? I thought it was be glass (1 cup, 250 ml, 8Oz), or am I missing something?
  • cocacole77
    Options
    Mine is by every cup...I've never seen it by ounces. I like every cup (8oz) because it gets me to drink more!
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    they are doin it by every 4oz???! haha what!? i thought they were doing it by cups! lol
  • naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean Posts: 21
    Options
    Im sorry, 8oz is what i ment. I have a nalgene bottle, which has the measurments for how many oz's are in there. So say i drink the 64oz required in a day, but then i drink 3 more oz....it would be nice to be able to be more specific you know? Mabye im just confused.....i dunno! :ohwell:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    On the food tab where you can track water, it goes by the cup, or 8 ounces. So for every 8 ounces you drink, you click the up arrow. I wouldn't want it to be by the ounce, because if I drank 10 glasses, I would have to click the arrow 80 times instead of 10!!

EDIT: Ok, saw your repost after I posted my original comment lol. I think there are some style water bottles like that and have, at least the smaller line marks. But I think they're fewer and far between so you've got to look harder :frown:
  • MirandaJayne
    MirandaJayne Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've been measuring by every 8oz cup of water I drink. Never heard of 4oz as a measurement for water consumption. did you just hit the wrong key?
  • KatieM7
    KatieM7 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I think that what naeS1Sean is saying is that there are times that you don't get the whole 8 oz, so what then? If you only get 4 oz it isn't a full 8 oz. It would be nice if they broke it down to smaller oz., so that it is more accurate. Is that what you were meaning naeS1Sean.
  • naeS1Sean
    naeS1Sean Posts: 21
    Options
    YES! thank you! I'm sorry for the confusion!
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    what do you mean?
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can ignore the units and use it for what you drink by. So, if you want to drink 3 Nalgene bottles, then for each Nalegene bottle you drink, just click it once and aim for 3 on the glass, not 8.

It's just a tool. Utilize it as you need. :)
  • kjensen15
    kjensen15 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    If you know you're drinking more than the recommended amount then I wouldn't worry about tracking exactly what you're consuming.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    If it's 8 glasses plus 4 oz, just make it 9 glasses.

The water fairy will still come wake you up in the middle of the night :laugh::laugh::laugh:
  • runnin0nbravado
    Options
    I think having the option would be great, but I like the 8oz thing for 2 reasons (both of which have already been mentioned)
    1. If I drink 120 oz of water, I'd be sitting and clicking FOREVER!
    2. Even if I'm 7oz away from the next cup, I'll just that sucker just to click the button one more time! lol
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    the water tracker is pretty useless... if you cant remember to drink water then you have bigger issues I think.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Matty -:laugh: haha, I always forget to drink water, but have no trouble remembering where I put that glass of wine :drinker: