147 lbs weight loss (pics)

Options
Hi guys! I wanted to go ahead and post some photos about my weight loss journey. I used to be a size 8, but then after a terrible marriage and 2 children, I ballooned to 364 lbs. I started my own strict diet, took daily vitamins and supplements, hit the gym every day and stayed true and commited to myself. My first month I lost more than 30 lbs. The second month another 30. By my fifth month, I had lost over 100 lbs. Over the next few months, I lost an additional 70 lbs for a total weight loss of 170 lbs. Then I got pregnant with my third son. Close to my due date, he arrived suddenly and early and very shortly after passed away from a congenital brain tumour. It was shocking and I sunk into a depression. I lost the 25 lbs that I gained during my pregnancy within two weeks (very unhealthily - due to the depression, I was unable to eat hardly anything). After the shocking inital first month, I started to eat again and over the following 10 months, gained 30 lbs from stress eating. So now, I'm back up to 224 lbs. Which is why my ticker shows only a 147 lbs weight loss. LOL. But I've come out of my grief and depression and am ready to get back on track. My goal weight is 140 lbs. Hoping my story might inspire some people. I'm living proof you can do anything you set your heart to. :)

picisto-20130123083123-724858_zps9e922031.jpg

Replies

• spm2010
    spm2010 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im so sorry to hear about your baby, no one should ever have to go through that. Im here for support if you need someone to talk to.
  • iwantdesperately
    iwantdesperately Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    That is incredible. You look fabulous. So inspirational. Thanks for sharing your success to inspire others. I know you will reach your goal!!!
  • edenderry123
    Options
    Oh wow, you look amazing. Well done to you :)
  • ambermadore
    ambermadore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, it seems my pictures are cut off....not sure why, they are smaller size pics. Does anyone know how to fix this?
  • ambermadore
    ambermadore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the condolences as well everyone :)
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    SO SORRY to hear about your loss but, I am glad you are back on track. AMAZING story! HUGS and PRAYERS for continued healing!!
  • fataalic
    fataalic Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I can't really see your after picture, only half of it, and it looks good from what i can see.
    I am sorry about your baby, and I hope you never have to go through that again.

Good luck on your weigh loss journey.
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    Terribly sorry for your loss, but it's great that you're committed to getting healthy again! You've got your whole life ahead of you! You're going to do great!
  • chrishg
    chrishg Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    A wonderful achievement! You look great and I hope you feel as good as you look. Wishing you every happiness in the future.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Totally creeped on your profile page to see those pics, and I must say, you look amazing!!! I am so sorry for the loss of your child. No parent should ever have to go through that. Btw, sending fr.
  • Unseelee
    Unseelee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Not sure how to make the photos show up properly within the forum, but people can click on your user name and view your photos on your profile page to see what an amazing transformation you've had. Even with all you've been through you have achieved so much! You seem so strong and I just know you will be able to reach you goal weight finally. Just stick with it, you obviously seem to know what works best for your body to enable you to lose weight. Some of us still struggle with that even though it seems simple. Thanks for sharing such an inspirational story!
  • redsundress
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your baby. I couldn't imagine losing a child!

But you look absolutely stunning. Not only did you lose a ton of weight, you lost a ton of YEARS. You look so much younger, and like an entirely different person! Well done!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and fit ...a better healthy mom for your kids. So sorry the loss of your baby....what a heart breaking tragedy...and you've done an incredible job of recovering from that. Very admirable. I hope you find much happiness in your life and new found fitness.
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. On the other hand, you look flipping awesome! Congratulations on the weight loss!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you for overcoming such devastation but are you saying that you weigh 224lbs. now? Because you look amazing!
  • MARTYJOE48
    MARTYJOE48 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I am so sorry to read the journey you have been on.
  • susanb305
    susanb305 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    stay strong!
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    So sorry for the loss of your baby, no parent should ever have to deal with that! But you look incredible, keep up the great work!
  • invisibubble
    invisibubble Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You've overcome a lot, and you look brilliant for it. You don't even look the weight you are!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!