Carnation Essentials Love it or Leave it?

Options
I decided to make a breakfast shake this morning using CIB Essentials, skim milk and .4 C. frozen strawberries. It was very tasty and filling but after I logged it, holy sugar!! So how do you guys feel about this? Would you rake over the sugar for the good stuff or avoid it altogether.

Replies

• AussieTrainer
    Options
    They have a Rich Milk Chocolate "No Sugar Added" version which is really good. Is this the one you had or their regular?

Calories 60
    Calories From Fat

Total Fat 0.5 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol <5 mg
    Sodium 60mg
    Potassium 300mg
    Total Carbohydrate 12 g
    Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Sugars 7 g
    Protein 5 g

PS. its good enough to drink with just water, although of course milk makes it better.
  • janadecker
    janadecker Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They have a Rich Milk Chocolate "No Sugar Added" version which is really good. Is this the one you had or their regular?

Calories 60
    Calories From Fat

Total Fat 0.5 g
    Saturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol <5 mg
    Sodium 60mg
    Potassium 300mg
    Total Carbohydrate 12 g
    Dietary Fiber 4 g
    Sugars 7 g
    Protein 5 g

PS. its good enough to drink with just water, although of course milk makes it better.

This one is not the lighter version. With the strawberries I logged upwards of 230 cals. I'll have to look for the no sugar added version. It was really yummy, just not sure if I can handle all the sugar:/
  • lisam724
    lisam724 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I tried it and love it but you are right the sugar is over the top! I have gotten Slim Fast for my morning shake and it is tasty and if you get the Vanilla you can mix stuff in it . frozen berry's and if you want chocolate I add a tablespoon of ovaltine witch is 20 cal. Today I had it with ovaltine and a little bit of peanut butter it was so good! Hope this may of helped.
  • spectoron
    spectoron Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always use the Rich Milk Chocolate (No Sugar Added) version every morning with 2 cups of fat free milk with a total of 240 Calories. It is quick and I drink it on my hour drive every morning.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I persoanlly would prefer to get my calories from solid food if I were trying to lose weight
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I persoanlly would prefer to get my calories from solid food if I were trying to lose weight
    ^ this

I would leave it.. it's too low in protein, fibre.. things I care about. Personally, I prefer Ensure High Protein if I had to choose.. anything else is garbage