AHHH! I did it, lost 30 pounds :)

Options
I can't believe I'm getting to post my own success story! I never thought this day would happen :bigsmile: I'd like to say sorry in advance if the pictures are large, I've never really liked photobucket lol but here we go!

I joined MFP on July 6th 2012, I'm 5'2", my starting weight was 160 pounds (although technically it might have been 163, I didn't weigh myself right away). I do have photos of me at that weight but not at work so I'm starting with one from Halloween 2011 then the next one is from August when I was 154
HALLOWEEN 2011 Halloween2011_zps7ba22470.jpg

AUGUST-154 pounds
August24th154_zps0bc9142a.jpg

Shortly after the summer, I plateaued for a bit, realized I need to be eating more and then lost some more weight, seriously, check out helloitsdan's post to make sure you're eating enough, I swear it works!(http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12)

Hello October! Shortly before Halloween I weighed in at 141
October11th141_zps2261ac18.jpg

and another Halloween photo, this time for 2012
Halloween2012_zps2705abee.jpg

November 20th, about 139
December12thatwork136_zps57b78b0e.jpg

Last week-132
almostatgoalweekofJanuary17th_zps6d4334d1.jpg

And this morning at GOAL, 130 pounds

GOAL1-23-2013_zps8d2ee1e0.jpg
So yes, it takes time but it can and does work!

Edited cause for some reason photobucket gave me the wrong code for my goal picture

Edited a second time cause I was so excited to be posting this I forgot to add in what I did!

I started with cardio (I love it) and then in November added in weights and strength training. The last few months I do weights Monday, Wednesday, Fridays and cardio (running or ellitpical depending on my mood) Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends are free for all-sometimes I throw in an extra weight day mostly I do a longer run on both days. In July I started C25K, "graduated" in September in time for my first 5K.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am three inches taller but our start and end stats are about the same. Hard, tedious work but well worth the goal. Congrats, you are looking fantastic!
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    Wow. You look great
  • lilysmama08
    lilysmama08 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Im 5'1 and i hope to look like you!
  • darcyinmo
    darcyinmo Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look FABULOUS and I bet you feel better too! You are a great inspiration! Love, love, love all the progression pictures! I'm 5'4" and have about the same start weight and goal and just getting started! Enjoy seeing someone with comparable height, weight and goal to see where I'm going!
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You did such an amazing job! You know I'm proud of you friend :)
  • chicken2v
    chicken2v Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • cbart2818
    cbart2818 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great.
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look great!
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    So wonderful! Great job! You are such a success story!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I edited it in but realized I forgot to included how I did it :laugh:
    I started with cardio (I love it) and then in November added in weights and strength training. The last few months I do weights Monday, Wednesday, Fridays and cardio (running or ellitpical depending on my mood) Tuesdays and Thursdays. Weekends are free for all-sometimes I throw in an extra weight day mostly I do a longer run on both days. In July I started C25K, "graduated" in September in time for my first 5K.
  • Donaldduck1927
    Options
    well done you DD!
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Good job! I see a big difference!
  • gmansmom2
    gmansmom2 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job and look wonderful! Enjoy every minute of it!!
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Yay for you, hard work does pay off!
  • Ben_Diesel
    Options
    This is amazing. You actually look younger. Congratulations!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! You look great!
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! And you should be really pround of yourself - I wouldnt lose any more though (in my opinion!) xxx:flowerforyou:
  • Chris5138
    Options
    AWESOME!!! You look great!!!
  • pandsmomCheryl
    pandsmomCheryl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You did it....you look fabulous and I'm sure you feel that way too...!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!