help! I got sick from vitamin pill

Options
Hello,
Has anyone ever gotten sick from taking Women's one a day active metabolism multi-vitamin supplement?
I swear, I took this after eating a chinese lunch and within 10 minutes of taking the pill, all of my lunch came up.
thoughts? insight?
P.S. This was my first time taking this, in the past, I have taken regular women's one a day and have never had a problem.

Replies

• theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Any multi-vitamin I take makes me super queasy. I can't stand it. Finally, I found what works for me. I take half of the pill in the morning, and half at night. It's different for everybody- you should get some helpful posts on here :)
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I have the same issue, but with any vitamins at all. The Women's One Day seem to be even worse though, They make me sick almost instantly.
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    i have to have had breakfast and lunch in order to keep vitamins down....for some reason my body just doesnt like them unless im full!
  • Pariah
    Pariah Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    what works for one person might not work with another. so try taking it on an empty stomach or an empty stomach with a glass of water. try taking it at night or morning instead of mid day. if nothing works, try a different vitamin. i take children's vitamins, because my body can't handle any adult ones.
  • SilviaGG
    SilviaGG Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi, I also took just one pill and had nausea. I didn't even tried to take them again. I just take emergen-c (just add water) I feel great, 24 nutrients with antioxidants, electrolytes and 7 b vitamins.
  • BassBoneBabe
    BassBoneBabe Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    what works for one person might not work with another. so try taking it on an empty stomach or an empty stomach with a glass of water. try taking it at night or morning instead of mid day. if nothing works, try a different vitamin. i take children's vitamins, because my body can't handle any adult ones.

I take a Flinstones Vitamin everyday. It has everything that the Women's One a Day does, but doesn't mess with me. I discovered these when I was pregnant and the prenatal vitamins would make me really sick. Plus, now my son can take them, so I'm only buying one kind of vitamin for the whole family. :-)
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    I hope it wasn't the Chinese food!!!! :sick:
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    Options
    It is probably the iron in it...i agree take it on a FULL stomach. Maybe the chinese food didn't have enough substance. Yes it has happened to both myself and my daughter. Try it again tomorrow.
  • alisal0113
    Options
    You also may want to check if there is Iron in the pill. I get sick if I take a vitamin with Iron included. Your body can't handle an over abundance of Iron and it rejects it. I have also had the issue of my body rejecting vitamins in general. I've found that if I take it in the middle of eating and drink a glass of water after my meal I am able to handle it a lot better. Also, keep moving! Just the act of getting up and walking around will help your body process everything.
  • IrishChik
    IrishChik Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    If my vitamin has Iron, I have to take them all with food. Otherwise I get sick. My fiancé is the same way.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    VItamin pills like one-a-days and centrum always make me throw up. Even if I take them with food, at night, etc. So I discovered the gummy children's vitamins (I use Disney Princesses or Flintstones gummies) not only do they taste good, they dont make me sick at my stomach whatsoever.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I get sick when I take womens vitamins. So I eat with them and drink a big glass of water with it. It helps al lot.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was the lunch?
  • tristan83
    tristan83 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Chinese food would make me ill too! :laugh: Just kidding. I think vitamins are different for everyone. I feel the same way you described if I take them and don't eat or drink anything. Maybe try another combo or another type of vitamin? I hope it works out soon!
  • hipsgalore
    hipsgalore Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I will have to try emergen-C. Thanks for the tip!, I don't think I'm going to use this pill again.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, there is increased iron in a women's supplement. Take it on a full stomach (even though this isn't good for iron absorption), but its the only way I can take it or I get nauseous.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    I take the Green Tea One-A-Day and it use to do the same thing when I took it before breakfast. Now I take it AFTER lunch and have no problems.