Green tea replacement water intake

Options
Hey guys,

I have been replacing most of my water intake with Chinese green tea for about a few months now. I tried to google whether this is a good idea but got mixed results. I drink green tea because I am addicted :D

I wonder what you guys think.

P.S. here is the tea leaves I use mostly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Longjing_tea

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your question is but water is water whether it has tea leaves in it or not.
  • devrinator
    devrinator Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    The only thing I 'd be concerned with is the caffeine increase, so you might drink an extra glass of water here or there, otherwise, I think it is a good beverage so long as you don't add any sugars or anything.
  • stevenyuzk
    stevenyuzk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    The only thing I 'd be concerned with is the caffeine increase, so you might drink an extra glass of water here or there, otherwise, I think it is a good beverage so long as you don't add any sugars or anything.

ya the caffeine definitely. I always drink it without added anything. I guess I was just afraid of any chemicals tea leaves may have that is not good in large quantities..
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Might bind some nutrients in your food.
  • stevenyuzk
    stevenyuzk Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Might bind some nutrients in your food.

what do you mean bind
  • harriet_89
    harriet_89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think certain chemicals in tea (tannins I think) can bind to nutrients and prevent them being absorbed. Iron is the one I read about I think.