At-home exercises

Options
I need some exercises that I could do at home. I don't have money to buy anything. I'm just getting back into watching what I eat again. I need something that won't break the bank. I wish I could go on my walks, but it's way to cold here.

Is there a certain regimen that you do?

for example.. 20 pushups, 50 situps...

What works for you?

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Youtube. Search for what you want. There are thousands of them. All free
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    bump
    very interested in this :)
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Youtube. Search for what you want. There are thousands of them. All free

^THIS^

Started doing the JM 30 Day Shred video thanks to Youtube.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a large variety of workouts - barre, pilates, HIIT, strength, physio ball, plyo, low impact, stretching, post pregnancy, even a seated one. There are short and low long work outs too. Love the site.
  • Miss_Aurora
    Options
    You could borrow fitness DVDs from the library as well.

If you have a game console (eg Wii) you can get fitness workouts for cheap ... even cheaper if you get them second hand at a Game store.

Also, local community halls/clubs often have free (or extremely cheap) fitness classes when you're ready for the group thing.
  • funkycamper
    funkycamper Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a large variety of workouts - barre, pilates, HIIT, strength, physio ball, plyo, low impact, stretching, post pregnancy, even a seated one. There are short and low long work outs too. Love the site.

Yes! Fitnessblender is amazing. You can also find their videos on YouTube. There are lots of good videos by others out there but, at least from what I've seen, they are the best!
  • rabt6f
    rabt6f Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Get on Pinterest.com and search for fitness and exercise. There are all kinds of programs you can do at home and the only requirement is you push yourself as hard as you can. I struggle with them because if I do 50 push ups, 20 sit ups, ect by myself, I go slow and get bored. However if that's what you enjoy and you stay focused during them, you can do a lot to your body at home with no money needed.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I also suggest the 30 day shred on YouTube, it helped me loose 11 lb in a month and it was free, and only takes 25 mins a day. Love it!!!
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Download app called You are your own gym, it uses your own bodyweight , zero equipment required.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    You are your own gym
    nerd fitness
    unique bodyweight exercises
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    For some inspiration look up barstarzz on youtube.
  • DaveHuby
    DaveHuby Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas like nerd fitness etc
  • MelisaDonald
    MelisaDonald Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I love 30-Day shred (YouTube), too! I alternated this with other workouts so it took me about 60 days, but wow! At first I couldn't keep up and by the end I was adding weights and doing the advanced version - lost 1.5 lb per week. I then found 6-Week Six Pack on YouTube (level 1 only).
  • CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine shared with me what he does, and it sounds very cool. A couple of the things can only be done in a gym/with the right equipment, but you wouldn't need anything else for most of his routine.

Run 1/4 mile (minimal break if any)
    10 Pull-Ups (minimal break if any)
    20 Push-Ups (minimal break if any)
    30 Sit-Ups (minimal break if any)
    40 Bodyweight Squats (minimal break if any)
    Rest 3 minutes

(Repeat 4 times, total of 5x)