Help me

Options
I am new to MFP, I week in and I have some questions I need answered. I have worked out 7 days, burning anywhere from 400-800cals, Last week it tells me I ran 4,000 calories of my weekly intake. I am having trouble taking in what MFP says for my calories and as an example yesterday I net 946 cals. I have had a problem eating in the past, going all day without eating and drinking 6 cups of coffee and just having dinner probably 1,000 cals that I am just storing as fat since when I went to the doctors she said I have metabolic syndrome where I am not feeding my body enough and my metabolism has slowed down and I am retaining weight in my belly area. I also go over on my sugars daily from the fruit but I have been eating healthy otherwise. Any suggestions on how to go about this and will i loose if I only net that many calories in a day? I realize you need to eat healthy to loose more but I am just never hungry and I can't eat when I am not hungry or I literally get sick.

Replies

• now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Either lay off the exercise (you don't need to exercise to lose weight) or increase your food intake.

Add things that are higher calorie... nuts, nut butters, milks, cheeses, oils when cooking, etc. You can add more caloires to your day without adding bulk to your meals.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat more, stop working out. Your doctor has told you that you have too great of a deficit and because of that you are damaging your body. To reduce the deficit you either need to eat more or workout less. You need to be netting at least 1200 calories a day. Also try switching out some of your "healthy" food for something you may think is less healthy. Add peanut butter to apple slices, cook with olive oil, butter your bread, eat avocados, etc.
  • Mamax143
    Options
    ok thanks for your advice! So what about the sugars with fruits and going over sugars, every day mine is over with in red font with negative
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Read the first post in this thread, do the calculations Dan walks you through and eat that amount of calories:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12