Replies

• KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm new and have been wondering too
  • RozzyG
    RozzyG Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Ditto, I don't know what it means either lol......

Perhaps someone might fill us in? ?
  • hms142002
    Options
    me too. Also how do you bookmark a post?
  • Sholmes82
    Options
    I have been on here for about almost 2 weeks and wondering the same thing lol..Glad I am not the only one clueless about it!!
  • livitup85
    livitup85 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    When someone posts "bump" it brings that topic back to page 1 and therefore easily searchable.
    Also, it gets logged on your profile that you replied to a topic so you can go back at a later date and easily find it.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    People, myself included, will go in and either bump a post to have it go back up to the top of the list or for reference for reading later... anything you post in, it will be easier to search your topics and find it if the subject you want to read further gets moved back a couple pages... make sense??
  • hotjacki85
    hotjacki85 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    When you "bump" a post it moves it to the top of the message board feed.... and also shows on your profile that you commented on it so you can refer back to it. For instance, If its a before and after photo post... you can bump it so you can view it later...maybe when more people have posted.
  • speedgoose
    Options
    People say bump for two reasons -

1) The more a post is commented on, the higher it will be in the forums and the more people will see it. So if they want more people to comment on it, want more information to be added to the topic, etc. they'll say 'bump' so more members see the topic.

2) If you comment on a thread, it will be in your comment history on your profile, and you can re-access it easily later without having to look for it in the forums. The easiest way and most common way people do this is by simply typing 'bump'.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Bring
    Up
    My
    Its just a way of bring a post up to the top of the pile so it gets more attention, or more responses, though people also use it to mark a thread, so they can read it later...In fast moving forums, with a lot of people continuously posting new threads, older threads get lost very quickly.
  • KimP202
    KimP202 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    thank you!