Looking for a good scale to weigh my food... Any suggestion

Options
I'm looking for a good scale to use to weigh my food, such as chicken and what not. I'm hoping not to pay more than $20.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it!

Replies

• Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I have an el-cheapo IKEA food scale (non-digital), that was something like $5...which I totally don't recommend!

I'm also interested in a better version.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I got mine at walmart and it came iwth a bowl to weigh food in. It was around $15 I think. They've got quite a few options to choose from; all depends on what you'd use it for. I like mine and works great. Have yet to use the bowl because I just set a plate on top, reset to 0 and then place the food I'm weighing. Less dishes that way :laugh:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    go to a kitchen store. im sure you can find one there for $10.
    sorry i dont know the names of brands. but they will be glad to help you :)
    and find what you are looking for and ask for under 20 if not 20 it is.
  • melanie92
    melanie92 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    a few weeks ago I got a Cuisinart PerfectWeight Kitchen Scale. It was about $45. I really started using this week, and it is great. It's digital, weighs in grams or ounces, has a tare function, auto off, and comes with batteries. It's small and sleek also. I really like it.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have a digital scale that weighs pounds and ounces. I got it years ago, but can't remember the price, but it is a good scale. Also, I bought a dial scale from Walmart for like $5, but I like the digital much better. It is definately worth getting one!
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I got this EatSmart scale from Amazon for $25. It's got really good reviews and it's been reliable and very useful for me:

http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Precision-Digital-Kitchen-Silver/dp/B001N07KUE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1272651454&sr=8-7
  • amarti24
    amarti24 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got this taylor food scale at target for about 20 bucks (even though the website has it marked for 29)

http://www.weatherconnection.com/scripts/imageloader.asp?img=3831BL_p.gif&type=p
  • kenlc
    kenlc Posts: 11
    Options
    I bought a digital scale at Target. Don't remember the price, but it was reasonable. I use it every day.
  • fitcountrygirl
    fitcountrygirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've got one and it's great. The brand is Escali - here is a link to it on amazon...
    http://www.amazon.com/Escali-Primo-Digital-Multifunctional-Chrome/dp/B0007GAWRS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1272651553&sr=8-2

It's about $25 and most importantly, it comes in lots of colors!! :smile:
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    We do not remember how much we paid, but we purchased our digital food scale from Bed Bath & Beyond last November. It has a button to switch between ounces and kilograms and a button to reset to zero, which is really helpful when measuring things like toppings and dressings on a sandwich. It is SALTER brand, model 6300. It runs on a 9 volt battery.
  • Newfunlander
    Newfunlander Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Anyone located in Canada, there is a Strafrit 5kg digital kitchen scale on sale this week at Canadian Tire. It was regularly $30...on sale for $12. It has great reviews. It has a zero and tare function. Just sent my hubby out to get me one !...lol.
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks guys!