Tip for tracking custom macros quickly

Options
I recently discovered this last week and thought it would be of help to some, sorry if this is a re-post or really obvious.

Have you ever known the exact macros for a meal or recipe but were unable to find it in the data base? Ever get subway and found a sandwich close to the one you got but not exact? Well here is a way to custom add macros quickly without having to go through the process of creating a specific meal each time.

1. Pick an empty section that you haven't filled out yet, e.g dinner. Make sure there is nothing filled out yet.
2. Click add food and search the data base for "1 gram of fat", "1 gram of protein", "1 gram of carbs", "1 gram of fiber"
3. Add those to your diary. You should have 9 calories for fat, 4 cals for protein, 4 cals carbs, 0 cals fiber, and values of 1 for each macro.
4. Once you have just those 4, click "quick tools"-> Remember meal. Name the meal quick macros or whatever you want.
5. Next time you go to add food, click my meals and it will be there.
6. Now you can click each macro on the diary and edit it easily.

Hope this helps

Replies

• CoachSamB
    CoachSamB Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nice tip. Thanks for the heads up.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    if the calories are correct, doesn't that add calories too when you add the gram of fat, per se? You could correct that by adding negative quick calories I guess.

Also, you could add a new meal section for these adjustments by going to my home > settings
  • dtf88
    dtf88 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes, this is mainly for if you are interested in macros, if you only care about calories, you could just do quick add calories.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    took me a couple times reading it but you were talking about the calories being off as well. I track macros, too, and usually I can find entries with the correct calories, but the macros might be wrong by a gram or two. I thought you were saying you could just add the extra gram of protein, for example, but in the case that the calories were correct, you would also have to adjust the calories down too. At any rate, its a good find!