Starting 30 day shred tomorrow! I have a question.

Options
Can I use two 1.5 litre water bottles as weights for 30 day shred?
As I have no weights at home. And I am a huge couch potato. Any other tips you all might have for a beginner? =)
I will be starting from tomorrow. Also, feel free to add me as I need MFP friends.

Replies

• KayteeB07
    KayteeB07 Posts: 341
    Options
    go at your most comfortable level
    theres three women, follow the one for beginers like i did
    trust me you'll still feel the burn,agonising burn!
    Also for weights i used jars of Dolmio pasta sauce haha x
  • Sanzrox
    Sanzrox Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay thanks. =)
    Anyone else got any creative and easy ideas?
  • amy709
    amy709 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use pepsi cans when I do this without weights available - I believe it really doesn't matter as long as you pick up something!! :)
    I LOVE Jillian's 30 day shred and I'll give you some advice that was given to me: Don't go up the levels just because she tells you to. The next level is REALLY hard. I have stayed at level one for months because I find it's such a great workout and gives such a good burn. Move up when you're ready, and you'll know. Good luck!! :)

I also like to use her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video when I don't have weights available. It's intense; about an hour of just cardio moves using yourself and nothing more! But what a sweat!! I love it, I just know my fitness level isn't there right now to do it.

All the Best!! :)
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Can I use two 1.5 litre water bottles as weights for 30 day shred?
    As I have no weights at home. And I am a huge couch potato. Any other tips you all might have for a beginner? =)
    I will be starting from tomorrow. Also, feel free to add me as I need MFP friends.

Just FYI-i used 5lbs and my arms were KILLING days later to the point where i couldn't do a damn thing-LOL. You're better off using less than that maybe. I put them down at one point and didn't use them. Go at your own pace!!
  • emtb319
    emtb319 Posts: 87
    Options
    I use cans of veggies when my kids hide my weights. Weight is weight, doesn't matter what you're holding in your hands.
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    yeah I used bottles as well. I have got some eights now, but I still use my lighter bottles for the last shoulder bit (I'm a proper wuzz)
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah, as the others have said, it doesn't matter if you don't have weights. Tins of beans or soup is a great option, lol. I like the pepsi idea, although I'd be scared someone would be tempted to drink it after to quench their thirst ... and BOOM, pepsi explosion haha
  • garydrb
    Options
    Soup cans or vegetable cans also tomato juice can you can work up to!
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I use cans of veggies when my kids hide my weights. Weight is weight, doesn't matter what you're holding in your hands.

My daughter uses soup cans when she does it with me! :)
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    and btw... It's gonna get harder everyday.... up to day three and then it will get easier :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    I used bottles of water when I first started. A while back, I also used cans of soup since I didn't have "real" weights.