STILL HAVENT LOST ANY EFFIN WEIGHT!!

Options
Guys im struggling big time. I have been eating like a rabbit for three weeks! I havent lost a thing. I have been going to the gym and have been burning between 3-400 calories a time. I havent been cheating and eating normal meals also!! Im beginning to think im meant to be like this, this being 149lbs. Im drinking green tea, snacking on vegetables im doing everything i should be. My Fitness Pal is telling me i will be 131lbs in 5 weeks if i carry on doing what im doing, so im guessing a miracle is going to happen in the next three weeks??? Please help me :(

Replies

• mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    cant really see your diary..so cant comment on what you are eating. the closer you are to your goal weight..the slower the weight comes off.

You have to look at the whole lifestyle...weight is only a part of it

1) are your clothes fitting better
    2) you are actually working out
    3) are you losing inches
    4) you are learning how to eat properly.

weight is a by-product..you are doing your body a great service..by working out and eating right..
  • Dawnhasajeep
    Dawnhasajeep Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    how many calories are you taking in?
    Hard to say with out seeing what you are eating.
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Open your diary so we can take a better look at what might be wrong.
    Perhaps you might not be eating enough calories...
  • spickard34
    spickard34 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This happened to me because my boby went in starvation mode. I ate 1400 cals burnt 500 so really all I was eating was 900cals so your metoblism slows to a hault. Now I am eating back at least half the cals burnt at the gym and starting to lose. Hope this helps you.
  • mayamagallanes
    mayamagallanes Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    DON'T get frustrated!! The first 2 weeks I lost about 8lbs, then the third week I stepped on the scale and noticed I had gained 10LBS!!! I didn't know what I was doing wrong. I was eating healthy and doing about 1.5hrs cardio a day 5x a week. The only thing I could think of was water and or muscle gain. I KNOW and FELT like I lost weight so I was SO confused.This week I am down 4Lbs so far (I weigh in on mondays) Basically what Im saying you never know what your body is going to do so you need to keep up the hard work and the scale will follow. I also suggest measuring, you may not be losing weight but you can lose inches! DON'T GIVE UP, IT'S ONLY BEEN A SHORT AMOUNT OF TIME!! I would also suggest drinking TONS of water, I only seems to lose "lbs" when I do
  • erin4455
    erin4455 Posts: 135
    Options
    Your loss depends on so many things and your body type is one of them. If you're of the height and bone structure to actually carry 149lbs healthfully, then you'll be slower to lose anyway. However, you said you've been 'eating like a rabbit'...are you eating enough calories? If not, your body might think it's in starvation mode and become super reluctant to let go of the weight. You'll lose, but only once you're body is forced to. The TYPES of foods you're eating matters too. Are you taking in enough protein, water? Eating too much salt? Really evaluate your food choices and see if anything you're doing is halting your progress. If nothing else works and the scale still doesn't budge, try eating some pre-portioned, pre-packaged meals that fit into your daily calorie range. Although these meals tend to be high in sodium, they are balanced and have a nice ratio of protein to sugar, etc., typically. One week of doing that might determine if you're balancing your nutrients on your own, or not. Good luck!
  • Abi_bug04
    Abi_bug04 Posts: 220
    Options
    Well, if you want some more info on the topic, here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

and if you want to try the TDEE method instead of MFP, try this link too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Both of these links explain the appropriate goals to set for your weight, and your goal. Both of them also emphasize not eating below your BMR...which is very important for long term weight loss and maintenance,

I personally follow the TDEE methos (the link I sent you gives you a step by step way to set appropriate goals, and is awesome!)
  • ILOVEFWANKWIN
    Options
    Also, one thing I learned this week. Weigh the food you're eating. Get a food scale. It may seem obsessive, but what I thought 1TBS would look like, ended up being 2. While I was still controlling portions and losing weight, it made me think if I would have ate more cautiously I could have lost a couple more pounds just by weighing the food.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Why eat low calories and be hungry all the time while seeing no results.. Make a lifestyle change.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    You may be eating too few calories. I fully believe in eating more to lose. Check it out.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Guys im struggling big time. I have been eating like a rabbit for three weeks! I havent lost a thing. I have been going to the gym and have been burning between 3-400 calories a time. I havent been cheating and eating normal meals also!! Im beginning to think im meant to be like this, this being 149lbs. Im drinking green tea, snacking on vegetables im doing everything i should be. My Fitness Pal is telling me i will be 131lbs in 5 weeks if i carry on doing what im doing, so im guessing a miracle is going to happen in the next three weeks??? Please help me :(

I gotta go with the group-you're probably not eating enough :) Check out your TDEE-maybe up your cals for 2 weeks and see what happens.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    and if you want to try the TDEE method instead of MFP, try this link too:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Both of these links explain the appropriate goals to set for your weight, and your goal. Both of them also emphasize not eating below your BMR...which is very important for long term weight loss and maintenance,

I personally follow the TDEE methos (the link I sent you gives you a step by step way to set appropriate goals, and is awesome!)
    [/quote]

^^^ This. I just started following the TDEE method referenced in the link posted above.

To the OP I would just say this. You are starving your body of desperately needed nutrients. And how sustainable is this eating habit? Because if you can't see yourself doing something similar to this the rest of your life, you're just going to to gain the weight you do lose back.
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Why put your details into MFP - which gives you the basis to lose weight of 1,200 cals (AT LEAST) and then eat 600/700 calories a day. If you think that's a sustainable way of life you will be bitterly disappointed (which it seems you are realising already)

You do not need to starve yourself to lose weight.
  • amyski1988
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys. I have opened it up for you to see, i have been under calories on most days, i am gettin concerned that im getting too obsessed. Sometimes i cant eat anymore and sometimes i could eat the entire house out but i dont! Its just soul destroying when you have been tryin so hard. Even though i know about the body going into starvation mode, i just think well its bound to loose weight soon enough which i know isnt healthy.
    When i started my mission to loose weight i thought to myself if you loose weight great, if you dont who cares. Im surrounded by skinny people and they all say how fat they are, when im stood next to them. Although i know im not fat i just want to feel good about myself. I used to weight 8 and a half stone and went to the Falklands and drank pretty much everyday, hence the weight gain. Im maid of honour to my friend who is gettin married in August and then im going away again and i want to be able to feel good in a bikini when i get time off. So i have plenty of time to do this in, and i know im being ridiculous. Well done to all of you though i have seen how much you have all lost....check you out :)
  • calisunrise
    Options
    i suggest you taking measurements and checking how your clothes fit. if they are getting loose, but the number on the scale remains the same, it's most likely water retention

also, YOU ARE NOT EATING ENOUGH FOR YOUR METABOLISM TO WORK PROPERLY. you should be eating about twice as much.
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options

OK-looked at your diary. If that is accurate and truly what you are eating-you are STARVING yourself -eat eat eat!!! :)
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Your body is in starvation mode..... You are getting about 600 calories a day.

Not enough to fuel your body even if you slept all day
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Please for the love of God eat something!
    Not trying to be a smart *kitten*, but feed your body! Unless your extremely obese you should not be netting so little calories each day. Exercise, eat healthy foods, and give time for your body to change. Make this a lifestyle change and the added bonus is, the weight won't come back either!
  • Aitm20
    Aitm20 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just glanced at your diary, you are eating too few calories. You're basically starving youself and your body is probably storing everything you eat. You need to eat at least 1200 cal to get your metabolism moving....good luck!
  • gkelly1397
    gkelly1397 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try to eat some healthy fats. No fat and low fat may not be giving your body what it needs. If you are running your body that hard it may be deprived of what it needs to operate correctly.