Stuck in the house with a sick child

Options
My son is sick and home from school today and I would really like to excercise. Any suggestions on something I can do to be active? Normally I would go for a run or go to the gym and I don't have any excercise DVD's...

Replies

• OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Planks
    Crunches
    Sit ups
    Push up
    Tri Dips
    Squats
    Walking lunges
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Forgot my favorite...burpees :)
  • AmandaLY17
    AmandaLY17 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    cant give you specific things to search, but search youtube or sparkpeople... both have exercise videos posted that you can follow :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    There is so much you can do at home with no equipment to exercise.

My personal favorite "I can't get to the gym" routine is the Deck of Cards workout. All you need is a little room and a deck of cards, preferably with the jokers.

Pick 4 different body weight exercises - situps, pushups, lunges, squats for example
    Assign each exercise to a suit - hearts is situps, diamonds is pushups, etc.
    Pick something special for the jokers if you have them in your deck- usually I do double the next card, but sometimes I make it 20 burpees or 100 jump ropes
    Shuffle your cards well
    Flip over the first card and do what it says. Say it's the Jack of Diamonds. You do 10 pushups.
    Keep flipping through the deck until you're out of cards.

This is a good one to do when you may have to stop part way through, for a sick child for example. You can always go back and start where you left off.
  • tressatnt
    Options
    I was home with my baby yesterday and during naptime I did a quick circuit of exercises I found in the Self magazine. They actually were kinda tough and I burned over 200 calories in 26 minutes. I think they have it online too. self.com/fitness and look for 13 minute burn or something like that.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I have no real advice, just want to bump this for the 52 cards idea. :laugh:

But as others have said, there's lots of workouts on youtube. All the Leslie Sansone are on there if you wanted to do a walk.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Do some wii / ps3 / Xbox 360 Kinnect with him !